New headphones
Jun 5, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #16 of 18
Zune did. :p

Archos have a terrible user experience too. They're rather large players, and the screen isn't all that responsive.

I hope an iPod Classic + LOD will be decent enough!

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #17 of 18
The not sure which DAC the classic has, but I am sure it will be fine. And there is not a signle feature on the iPod that can touch the Zune, btw, unless you actually use the iTunes store....

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #18 of 18
go to long and mcquade where you can check out the senn 280pros and Audio-Technica - ATH-M50 (i think you'll hear that the m50 is better - and you can get them on ebay for almost half the price including shipping to canada) and various other sets.

then you could make a trip into toronto to bay bloor radio and listen to their wall of phones.

then if you can find a set of koss porta-pros to hear you'll have a really good idea of what you might like.

finding a recommendation for the best deal on porta-pros to canada from someone here would be my suggestion - no matter what you end up with it can't hurt to have a set around!

i've been using my ultrasone dj1s with my iphone lately and it seems the shure would be the closest to that design.  i'm liking the fun sound and isolation - so maybe the shures although i don't see on the l&m site and i'm pretty sure bay/bloor won't have them.

and btw - an ipod will give you great sound with a nice set of phones, don't worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back