New headphones very sensitive, low volume music on laptop crackles on fades...
Apr 26, 2008 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gohanssjn

100+ Head-Fier
Any idea on this one guys?

On my laptop, if the volume is low, it is like static is introduced on quiet sections (esp. fade-ins and fade-outs).

And I have them turned up as loud as I can and still be listenable (and not damaging).

Is this something a small portable amp or some kind of resistor (assuming it's noise) would help?

Thanks all!

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 8
Well, I won't be replacing my laptops sound card or buying a new one, so I'll learn to deal i suppose. Don't use it that often for music anyways, was just wondering if there was an easy fix.

I'll try old/new drivers and see if that makes a difference.

Apr 26, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #5 of 8
Volume controllers like shure's or koss's may fix your problem. Maximize volume on your pc and lower volume to the listening levels on volume controller. I hope this can fix your problem.

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 8
I do believe that I have solved the problem! There is still a little bit of background noise, but not once music starts...and no crackling on low volume. The problem?

DRIVERS! Turns out, my laptop (Dell XPS m1210) has a driver for the audio card AND an overlay driver with Creative Advance MB drivers. Removed the Creative ones and it's a lot better as described above.

HAPPY FACE
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #8 of 8
I know I know. I actually listened after that post and heard it a little...but I am not going to worry about it. Plugged into my 5G iPod right now anyways.

Still happy! Anything to distract from exams and my current in-depth examination of the law of contracts
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back