New Headphones Recommendations
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #17 of 22
Here is some good news, the Beyerdynamic DT 880 is on sale right now online for about $200 [new] that's DAMN cheap. How ever it DOES need an amp. A JDS labs cMoy does a nice job, or a Fiio E11 [$50] the other option would be the Beyerydynamic DT 250, which is about $229, it doesn't need an amp, but like the 940 benifits from one

Ofc what's nice about beyers is they are some of the most neutral cans around and they are built ROCK solid. So they are going to be nice n durable 

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #19 of 22
Since we don't know what the prices are in the stores you have access to, then it's pointless for us to recommend you anything because prices can be very different in different countries.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #20 of 22
the price in my country is almost the same as in USD if I convert it so it shouldn't be a problem I guess and therefore my budget actually is 150$ but I will push it to 250$ if it is worth it :)

the only problem I face here is I am a student and I don't have a credit card or such thing to buy it online, so buying online is definitely not an option for me.

as for my research I think I will get either the KRK KNS8400 or Shure srh440, but I'm still curious about the ath m40x compare to these 2 cans.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #21 of 22
If you don't mind used, then maybe you can make a deal to have someone ship their headphone internationally.  There's a NAD HP50 on the for sale section for $200.  Problem is you can't return it if you don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back