New Headphones? Post pictures!
Jan 2, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #61 of 68
SoujiroSeta, you have, rather freakishly, practically the same setup as me...

Creative Labs Nomad Zen MP3 player (Yours is Touch, Mine is Xtra - Would have got Touch but couldn't wait that long for it to come out!)
Shure e3c earphones
Motorola V300 phone

You sir, are extremely cool!

Jan 2, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #62 of 68
Guitarmarama
Quote:

SoujiroSeta, you have, rather freakishly, practically the same setup as me...

Gets even scarier in my case, I have the same album from the "Group Basically Named After a TV-set" on my current Zen Xtra's Now Playing" list as SoujiroSeta
tongue.gif

Hmm, just to clarify, I *do* look forward to L'Arc~en~Ciel's OP and ED to that 2005 FMA movie. I just wonder whether they'll do a "Ready Steady Go" replay or opt to "show their real strength" (tm - any shounen anime/manga).

Jan 2, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #63 of 68
Wow, that is pretty scary. I was thinking of getting Zen Xtra awhile back too, but I chose the Touch instead because it was around the same price and it was smaller. Didn't need the "xtra" 10GB
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #66 of 68
I didn't get either set of Cans for christmas but I took the picture on New Years...

cans6401ed.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Jan 2, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #68 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
agreed, i've had mine burning for about 2 weeks, getting happier by the day. dread rock is a decent example, on any car stereo, that bass rumbles and shakes the car, but with the 280's, it's a perfectly smooth bass pressure, it's glorious.

i particularly think the new NIN release of the DVD-A of The Downword Spiral really shows the depth of the headphones in all sound ranges.

other songs you might like that i was suprised just how much low end there really is
DJ Tiësto - 4pm
The Crystal Method - PHD
Benny Benassi - Change Style (and anything else on hypnotica)
Prodigy - about anything, i'm sure you have Fat of the Land
Paul Oakenfold - Over the Line

Hehe, yea, the overall presentation of all types of electronica is great with these cans. However, I also listen to a lot of progressive rock (Dream Theater, Nightwish) and although it feels like the cans are laid back without any sort of in-your-face anything they still sound great on songs like:

Dream Theater - Stream of Conciousness, Lines in the Sand, and Overture 1928 to Strange Deja Vu
Nightwish - Nemo, Ghost Love Score

I honestly haven't heard much of what you had listed there. I'm still quite a n00bie when it comes to trance and whatnot. I need to get ahold of some of the stuff that you have listed there, so I'll see what I can come up with.

BTW, my cans are 7days burning right now. So I figure from what I've heard around here that I would give them another 5 days or so to really see what these things sound like. So far, I'm really liking what I'm hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back