new headphones/headset recommendation?
Feb 15, 2014 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

t103Ninja

Head-Fier
alright guys, this is my first post on these forums and im looking for a little help
up to now i have been getting by with cheap crappy headsets from the likes of turtle beach, tritton and so on, i have gone through many different headsets i have never been happy with the sound or build quality

im looking to get a new set of headphones/headset i am a PC gamer so the mic on a headset is convenient but getting a seperate microphone like a clip on or something like is no big deal, from what i understand headphones and a seperate mic are the best way to go for the best audio but if someone can recommend a headset that compares to dedicated headphones in the same price range then obviously im open to that

so here a little list of requirments:
must be closed back
straight cable
i prefer a sound that leans more toward the low end, but obviously not overpowering horribly boomy bass like beats

a few other things to note, i will be running the headphones through an asus xonar essence STX sound card it has a built in amp capable of driving up to 600 ohm headphones (not that even know what really means lol)
i dont care if they are portable or not i wont be using them on an ipod they will be hooked up to my PC sound card all the time
even though im gaming music is the main priority even when gaming i usualy have itunes open in the background with my tunes playing, but the soundstage is important the wider it is the easier it becomes for to pick out position when playing games like BF4 and CoD

budget: £150-200
i am willing to pay more than that if its worth it

if theres anything i miss or anything else you want to know please dont hesitate to ask :)
thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back