New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,711 of 1,792
I desperately need this. Sometimes I have to just shut this down before I want to because my eyes get so tired and blurry in the night... especially on a tablet or iPad.
I know it's not an ideal or permanent solution, but I have a trick I use when I visit dark websites. Many devices allow you to invert colors on the display. On my MacBook Pro it's CTRL+ALT+CMD+8 (disabled by default) and on my iPhone I have it set to 3 presses of the lock button (disabled by default, configurable shortcut). I use it when I visit sites with a dark theme, but then immediately go to one with a light design. It's uncomfortable until my eyes adjust, so I invert dark sites to make them light.

Phone_e.JPG

We will be releasing a dark theme as a permanent solution, but maybe this could help you in the interim.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #1,713 of 1,792
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to change the image size on a post?

It's more limited now. There used to be a menu, but now there is a thumbnail and full image option, which is not very reliable and only shows when you first upload an image. You can also drag and drop the image into the post from a new window to display it in the largest size.

If you want full control, I'm afraid the only option I see is manually resizing it in an image editor, then uploading it.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #1,714 of 1,792
It's more limited now. There used to be a menu, but now there is a thumbnail and full image option, which is not very reliable and only shows when you first upload an image. You can also drag and drop the image into the post from a new window to display it in the largest size.

If you want full control, I'm afraid the only option I see is manually resizing it in an image editor, then uploading it.

Well that's unfortunate...

@AxelCloris Any plans to change this :confused:

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #1,720 of 1,792
Dec 13, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #1,722 of 1,792
For the sub-forum search, could this have a check box to search thread titles only? or do so by default? Maybe I'm in a minority, but I have an idea I search way more by thread title than all posts.
We went with pre-set search parameters to keep the quick search as simple as possible while giving the best results our search system will currently allow.

If you're looking to limit a search to thread titles, you can do so using the configurable search box located in the site's header (opposite the Head-Fi logo) or by using the advanced search.
Header Search.png
Header

Advanced Search.png
Advanced Search

[Edited images to add arrows for visibility]

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #1,724 of 1,792
I would like to be able to be able to edit posts in private messages in the same way that we can in thread posts. Would that be possible?
I try to avoid responding with a "no" because there are few areas where we've drawn a firm line, but we will not be enabling the editing of private messages due to multiple concerns.

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #1,725 of 1,792
I try to avoid responding with a "no" because there are few areas where we've drawn a firm line, but we will not be enabling the editing of private messages due to multiple concerns.

I just hate not being able to fix typos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back