New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #812 of 1,792
Funny little quirk I've discovered. I can't Unsubscribe this thread (probably others too). I've done it 3 times and it still shows up under alerts and "subscribed threads".

giphy.gif

May 1, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #813 of 1,792
Funny little quirk I've discovered. I can't Unsubscribe this thread (probably others too). I've done it 3 times and it still shows up under alerts and "subscribed threads".

I haven't been able to duplicate this issue on my end. Have you tried unsubscribing using both the link in the thread and the dropdown box from the "All Subscribed Threads" page?

May 1, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #814 of 1,792
A few complaints about the new editor...

It's missing a proper "edit source" to use html for complex formatting. BBCode is weaksauce.

The textarea isn't freely resizable and its auto-resize seems flaky.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #815 of 1,792
So, some things seem to have been resolved, but the biggest problem I note is on the phone. In the past, I could tap the email and to the site and read the post. Now, everything is so small on the site, I can't read a thing. I have to change to landscape, expand it, and then I can get it to barely readable (I am older, vision is not what it used to be, but I generally do OK with my glasses). Things work fine on the desktop.

May 1, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #816 of 1,792
mm....get a bigger (smart)phone.

I've read complaints about the white background (being too bright). To make it easier on my eyes (specially at night):

I've inverted colors (on my Surface Book running Windows 10 browser, it is alt, left shift, prntscreen) to activate the high contrast mode (black background, white/colored font), under ease of access.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #817 of 1,792
We're working to improve both the desktop and mobile experiences on the site. Doctorjazz, have you tried using the mobile view from the phone? There are still improvements to be made to the mobile interface, but it should be more legible on a handheld device. There's a "Head-Fi.org Mobile Site" link in the bottom right, have you tried that?

May 1, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #819 of 1,792
Not related to PMs but for general postings press the +Quote button and then in the area where you compose your reply press the Insert Quotes button. It worked for me in this post.
Yes, I've noticed that, and the feature is appreciated, as it works across threads. Note to the mods though, the security errors are still occasionally occuring for multi-quote on mobile. Not consistently like before, but it does happen.

Now, if we could only adjust the size of pictures we upload.....
Also, yes! I though that it would have been adjustable in BBCode, but apparently it's just a straight choice between full-res and thumbnails.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #821 of 1,792
How do we search within a thread? I tried to find it but couldn't search this thread to see if it had already been asked.

May 1, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #823 of 1,792
I will share my experience with the new site. This may not be fully related to the fact it got updated but I think it must be a little bit.
Understandably, I got logged out and I had to log in again to start using this new looking site. It said my password was incorrect. I knew for certain that is wasn't incorrect as my browser saves it and I also log in very often on 2 of my tablets so I know my password well. I couldn't find any way of contacting any member of the forum as I couldn’t log in. I found the interface rather confusing as I spent a while looking for the "feedback form" and I couldn't find it anywhere. I wanted to say something here about my issues as it said you could post without needing an account. I gave up as I couldn't find it anywhere. I then thought I'd have to try resetting my password. I did this and it surprisingly let me log in once I had done this. But I then got loads of errors telling me I had an insecure page. But since then as I am typing now, my browser is telling me it is secure now. I had the exact same issue on my tablets. I really don't know what caused headfi to think my password was incorrect. Until now, it seemed I was very limited with what I could do here. It looks like it must have just been a one off problem for me.

Edit - I've just noticed that my full forum name isn't shown like it used to be under my avatar. This will be to do with the length of course but I am sure there will be plenty of other people on this forum that will have names that have the end chopped off. This is maybe something that could get looked into.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #825 of 1,792
Thanks, but how do you get to the advanced search from the front page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back