New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #542 of 1,792
Really? Still 25% of my screen on the right on every HF page I visit over here. 25% ain't tiny imo.

You have to keep in mind the site is constantly changing now. It went from being a giant tall banner ad on the right to a tiny square and now it's back to the giant tall one.
Edit: And now it's back again to smaller ones. Looks like it's a script that rotates them.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #543 of 1,792
I find it funny people complaining about the adverts they see. (Not the size but the content.) Have they not heard about cookies? If you see half naked women in the ads, look for the reasons in your browsing history. Haha. :)

It is very good to hear Head-Fi is working hard on the many glitches and bugs this completely unexpected update caused. Quality of user experience has indeed dropped significantly, but I am full of hope it is just temporary.

It would be great to see again all important information in one place (one page) such as subscriptions (watched threads), profile info, own reviews and reputation (likes). All of this information now is fragmented and have to click on teeny-tiny menu buttons here and there between giant ads.

Also, I have lost all my previously uploaded pictures. Are they going to come back?

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #546 of 1,792
I find it funny people complaining about the adverts they see. (Not the size but the content.) Have they not heard about cookies? If you see half naked women in the ads, look for the reasons in your browsing history. Haha. :)

Nah, those dating service ads show up no matter what, and they're showing up for everyone. It's not targeted advertising like, say, the Amazon ads that show items you previously viewed.

My name is Redcarmoose and I still am not able to log in. Is it possible people are still not able to log in with their original password?

Hey, man! Did you try resetting your password? That's what I had to do.

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #547 of 1,792
I browse the site in both my PC and Mobile...Now even on my PC my viewing is stuck in Mobile format...I used to see the button to switch to different browsing modes, but now it's gone.

Go to the "Hamburger" menu icon top right and click it. A black window will appear listing several options. At the very bottom right of the window should be a button saying something like "Switch to Desktop mode". Click it.

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #549 of 1,792
Can an admin restore the link with Tapatalk please? Can't use Tapatalk any more for Head-fi.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #551 of 1,792
I tried to insert one of the above posts as a quote [I browse the site in both my PC and Mobile...Now even on my PC my viewing is stuck in Mobile format...I used to see the button to switch to different browsing modes, but now it's gone.] When I click on 'Insert Quotes' it says: [The following error occured: Security error occured: Please refresh the page and try again]. Refreshing the page doesn't help, so I reply like this.

I changed to mobile format (again) on my smartphone this morning and now I'm also stuck in this format on my PC as well. I also can't find a button (normally in the right corner below) to get it back to desktop format.
The only advantage: less adds in mobile format...

Edit: found it! Under settings => preferences, you can change your browser style.
Back on (commercial, hellooooo Noble) desktop theme now...

When I checked HF on my smartphone after the above, it also had changed to desktop theme. At this moment it seems not to be possible to have HF in desktop theme on your PC and in mobile theme on your phone at the same time.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #553 of 1,792
I used to do this for a living.....someone screwed up big time. Maybe they screwed up because they did it in a hurry. Maybe they screwed up because they had time and didn't plan well or test enough. Regardless, someone screwed up big time.

Your posts are just as ridiculous as those complaining.
I would find it humorous if I didn't find it sad that people are so concerned about a website's functionality being impaired when there are so many bigger problems in the world. Starvation . . . genocide . . . oppression of women . . . but, right now, people are worried about, among other things, unwelcome changes to one of the places they go to buy and sell equipment with price tags that will forever be unattainable to most people.

Oh, how silly people's problems become when they live privileged lives! Or, as my youthful peers jokingly exclaim: "first world problems!"

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #554 of 1,792
Has anyone been succesful trying to change his 'Personal Details' so far?
I've tried it a few times now, but even with the slightest adjustement (just a couple of characters) I keep getting this message:

[The following error occured:
]

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #555 of 1,792
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back