New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #226 of 1,792
With no way to search within threads and no way to jump to a specific page in a thread, the multi-hundred-page reference threads, IMO the meat and potatoes of this forum, are now rendered almost useless.

I am absolutely staggered that no one thought to beta test any of this stuff. I would be booted out the door if I deployed a new version of anything this poorly.

SMH

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #227 of 1,792
I think they get it guys. Complaining about how much better you are at launching websites or whatever doesn't actually help anything get fixed. Why not just provide some CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions on what you'd like to see changed and then give them TIME to implement the suggestions? At worst, just step away for a day or two and see what it's like after they squash the worst of the bugs. But hanging around just to belly-ache? Nobody wants to read that, honestly.

I'm probably going to start a Tips and Tricks thread to answer some of the common questions that people have since you can't search back in this thread easily. Doing my part to try to smooth the process. Hopefully others can help or at least do no harm.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #229 of 1,792
I think they get it guys. Complaining about how much better you are at launching websites or whatever doesn't actually help anything get fixed.

I don't see where anyone is doing that. You don't have to be a professional chef, to have an opinion on the food.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #230 of 1,792
^ Yes of course. Here's your suggestion to fix this nonesense. Put the old site back online until you actually know what the heXX you are doing with this software.

Treating the people who made you what you are in the manner this site is, quite simply is the single most disrespectful act by an online service that I have ever witnessed.

If you want to make aplogies for the management Stillhart, be my guest. For a lot of longtime contributors this whole mess is not going down well and it sure will not be forgotten.

Get users to build your content for you to attract more users, become successful, poop all over those same users in favour of the ad revenue that their content allowed you to attract.
Then expect folks to like it.

Good luck with that

I can now see why there was an exodus of longtime mods of late.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #231 of 1,792
I don't see where anyone is doing that. You don't have to be a professional chef, to have an opinion on the food.
Soooo you didn't read the post immediately preceeding mine? :astonished: I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying people are in here expressing them repeatedly and not in a constructive manner. It doesn't help anything; the new site is here and we can make the best of it or we can try to make everyone else as unhappy as we are... for some reason.

On a more serious note, here's a link to the Tips and Tricks thread I started. Hopefully this will help folks who are late to the party and trying to work out stuff that we've already discovered. Feel free to contribute any tips I missed!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #232 of 1,792
At first I thought the ads everywhere were funny, but already I am getting annoyed by all of them. That noble one is pissing me off as is the jerry harvey one scrolling on the bottom.

Feels like I'm watching a late night infomercial.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #233 of 1,792
You are watching a late night infomercial. Just without the info part.

Great, the quote feature on mobile pings a security error.

Welcome to heAD FI

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #236 of 1,792
Correction: Old avatars still exist; they're just harder to find.

To go to your old avatars, click Gallery, hover over My Gallery, click My Albums, then Avatars.

Viewing old avatars of other members is a little trickier...

Lol, at least on my Firefox/Win7, that "My gallery" text/link is in white and same color as the background, you can find it via ctrl+f or selecting the text by approximation.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #237 of 1,792
so... any particular reason you decided to completely butcher the layout and remove tons of useful features?

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #238 of 1,792
Why are there no pics in the for sale sections don't know if that was brought up yet or not. Makes rather interesting while scrolling through seeing avatars instead of pics of the products...

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #239 of 1,792
Wow! With all these great new ads heAD-fi has come out and openly revealed their true purpose - a money-making machine with thousands of little SEO creating soldiers. Finally some transparency!

^ Yes of course. Here's your suggestion to fix this nonesense. Put the old site back online until you actually know what the heXX you are doing with this software.

Not sure if Jude could go back to the old software since he has parted ways with Wikia. I don't know, maybe he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back