New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #211 of 1,792
Dont discuss blocking ads. Your posts will be deleted like mine were. Which further proves the statement made on page 2 about wanting to monetize the current member base.

Wow!

Do you know how much money we make head-fi just by talking here? Adding keywords, photos, search results to Google? We are the SEO behind this website more than anything.

Ha my post did get deleted. Screw this website. I'm out!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #212 of 1,792
I'm using a 16:10 display rotated vertically. The webpage cuts off at the right edge and I can't see the number of private messages and account alerts I have without having to scrolling to the right. I believe the base width of the website is too wide (its the width of the ad banner actually). Even just adjusting the width of the top ad banner a little bit would be great.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #213 of 1,792
@wormsdriver. Easy to see. It's money grab time and the user experience just does not count to the mangement here. If it did they would have run this new ad polluted site in paralell for a while as a preview and gotten the feedback from the users there and made the fixes on the preview site before killing all the user data by going live with the Chernobyl with adverts you see here now.

Could very well be one of the first sites to get hit with some litigation, with damaged reps lost pm's and whatever else is going on. Might be fun to see someone make a test case out of it.

I am sure the increased adspace will pay for the legal fees. After all the mail order Russian chick sites must pay big.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #214 of 1,792
I am completely unable to use the 'Quote' function on thread posts. When I click on it, nothing happens. Also, I have no 'edit community profile' button anywhere and am similarly unable to edit my profile. Assistance is much appreciated!

You have to press Quote then Reply. I just did that here.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #215 of 1,792
You have to press Quote then Reply. I just did that here.

+Quote is for a multi-quote option. Reply will quote only that single post. When choosing +Quote you'll need to click "Insert Quotes" below the composition window to insert the quoted posts. That button will only be visible when you have a post selected with the +Quote option.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #216 of 1,792
TOTAL BOTCH JOB ON THE UPDATE FOLKS!!!

Who the hell thought this was going to turn out well?

Why do I have to have ads flashing at me about dating hot Russian chicks?

On a headphone audio website?

You guys are total jokes. If I tried to pull this off at work, my ass would be kicked out in 2 seconds flat.

You took a clean, well functioning, enjoyable site and turned it into Schiit! And I'm not praising you like I do the actual company.

Now get off your duffs, quit thinking about the frickin' dollar, and give us back the old site that just worked.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #219 of 1,792
Wow, the FS area seems a mess.... no bumping, doesn't seem I can open up any of my old listings, no easy way to PM someone (are we supposed to write on the public area?). I'm really surprised, luckily I don't have much to sell for now...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #221 of 1,792
Wow, the FS area seems a mess.... no bumping, doesn't seem I can open up any of my old listings, no easy way to PM someone (are we supposed to write on the public area?). I'm really surprised, luckily I don't have much to sell for now...

To PM someone, you have to go to their profile and click on 'Start a conversation'.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #225 of 1,792
Sale section doesn't have prices in the list anymore, that's terrible! Are photos gone too?

When you say "in the list" are you referring to when you're on the forum looking at the different listings? I can see prices listed below the thread titles.

Is there a way to post/upload a local image from your PC? The only option offered when sending a PM is a URL.

thanks in advance

Next to "post reply" is a button labeled "upload a file." Choose that option to attach local images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back