New Head-Fi Music Sets - #1 of 7 Released Today!
Apr 1, 2002 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

neil

500+ Head-Fier
Great news everyone! We just wrapped up our first in a series of seven albums this morning, and as we type, it is being encoded into high-VBR MP3 format (Ogg Vorbis too for you types). Head-Fi Music Set #1 is titled: Country Electronica, a fusion between deep-roots Appalachian twang and electronica/techno. Thanks to the moderators who have been able to keep their promises and secrets about the project, and we look forward to involving more users for Set #2 slated for release, hopefully, before next April.

Track 1: Queue Queue Thud Thud - Rosco P. Coltrane meets SQL and techno.

Track 2: She Left Me Lonely, Global Thermo Nuclear War - One of those long song titles, like something Fiona Apple or Pearl Jam would do -- don't ask me, it was Jude's idea. It's a fusion between a woman's mind games and the movie War Games. Highly conceptual, just a notch short of intellectual.

Track 3: Way Down Yonder at the Club - Incredible mandolin work by Fiona McClassen, and highly technical electronica keyboarding by JR.

Track 4: Damn Dogs Quit Barkin, Dance Dance Dance! - This one was inspired by none other than my two dogs who insisted on barking whenever we hit the record track when we were at my home studio. Instead of fighting it, we decided to keep them in, and its great because it's royalty free inclusion (just don't tell the dogs).

Tracks 5 through 22 are un-named, and we were thinking of having a contest to see who could come up with the best names (separate prize for each song title). For bandwidth constraints, we'll post the MP3s to MP3.com instead of here where you can preview most of the songs in low or high-bandwidth depending on your connection.

This is only set one out of seven, so please be honest with us. We can't pump out quality stuff without hearing your feedback. We look forward to hearing your reviews, and especially to the track title competition. Also, as we said earlier, Head-Fi is really looking forward to including more users. So if you're musically inclined and can work with a SMTPE track and have decent analog or digital recording equipment -- you can participate from remote. We aren't announcing the next theme yet, however, if any of you play the didgeridoo, slide trumpet, or theremin, please contact me with a PM.

However, for those that flew in to record in the past few months, thanks. Also, we'd like to thank Mark, Honey, Pasha, Johnny, Lipton, Grant, Timothy, Cabinet Productions, JR, Ophea, Pushcat Digital, Village, and corporate support from whatUseek.com and superHost.com. Catering by Zimmermans.

Apr 1, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 9
That's great Neil, I'd love to hear it.

Where?

ok,
erix

Apr 1, 2002 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 9
DOH!

ok,
erix

Apr 1, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 9
I really liked the "Three-Legged Man Dance" trilogy -- "The Three-Legged Man Polka", "The Three-Legged Man Waltz", and "The Three-Legged Man Tango" (though that last one obviously sounds sequenced).

Apr 5, 2002 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I really liked the "Three-Legged Man Dance" trilogy -- "The Three-Legged Man Polka", "The Three-Legged Man Waltz", and "The Three-Legged Man Tango" (though that last one obviously sounds sequenced).

"Three-legged man-tango" sounds vaguely obscene.

"You know, I picked up this chick the other night, and we went back to my place and did the three-legged man-tango"

"Right on!"

Apr 6, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 9
lol... I really need to start skimming threads...

I was taking Neils post far too seriously... I sussed something was up when Zimmermans were noted for the catering - more of a movie production than a music compilation
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back