New HD650, I just can't get the cable out...
Jul 11, 2007 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

JohnerH

100+ Head-Fier
How does one get the cable out of the HD650? I don't want to pull that hard in case it will damage the can...

Help?

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 13
It should come straight out with enough pull. Try not to bend or twist the connector on the way out and you should be fine. I know mine was tough when I first took it off.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 13
Honest, I've been pulling it when different degrees of strength and it just doesn't want to come out...I'm starting to worry about it...

Do you remember how u originally got them out?

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 13
I held the connector between my fingers, grasped the bottom of the headphone, and then pulled really hard. When it came out my arm flew back but yeah, it's a tough connector to get out. It's better than being too lose and coming out with the slightest disturbance. That you can't fix easily.

Jul 11, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 13
i use pliers, not needle nose but thick ones. you exert less force than pulling but it has a better grip. works like a charm. try it.

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #7 of 13
Just wiggle each connector slowly (to its sides) until they become loose enough to pull out. Think of it like pulling out a tooth.
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #8 of 13
Well, I did with pliers, wrapped paper towels around the connectors then with the pliers, applied force at increasing rates until the thing came out...

It worked pretty well, no marks on the cable connector (the paper towel worked quite well) and the cable came out
smily_headphones1.gif

Ahhhh, the wonders of cable changing...anyway cheers for the help lads!

J

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your first time is always the scariest

but the more you do it the more comfortable you are eventually you will be quite confident at it =D

Or the more you do it, the more you wear down the tabs. If the HD650 is like the HD600 the mechanism is just two "tabs" which jut out from the body. The more you do it, the more they wear down, the easier it gets.

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your first time is always the scariest

but the more you do it the more comfortable you are eventually you will be quite confident at it =D

You dirty beast.
blink.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or the more you do it, the more you wear down the tabs. If the HD650 is like the HD600 the mechanism is just two "tabs" which jut out from the body. The more you do it, the more they wear down, the easier it gets.

right over your head!
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You dirty beast.
blink.gif

wink.gif
shhhh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back