new hd 595
Jul 16, 2008 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

blueviolet

New Head-Fier
I bought a new hd 595 few days ago but I had no time to do any extensive listening on the first day because I had to hurry for work. So I left them plugged into my headphone amp and after I came back I got almost deaf when I put them on my ears. Later I've found out that my younger brother has been listening to music on insane volume levels. I wonder whether it can have any negative effect on sound quality of my barely new headphones. every opinion appreciated.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 12
Depends, you really could look at it in a positive or negative manner. If the volumes were insanely high, the headphone drivers could have been damaged or your brother could of just shortened your burn-in time.

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 12
i wouldn't worry until it starts to sound off, like a rattle or something. otherwise, i think enthusia might be right. if it sounds damaged, it probably is. if not, all the more burn in and flexibility within the driver. at the very worst you could try your luck with the warranty if it turns out your brother did cause some sort of damage to the driver.

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 12
They are 50 Ohm rite? ...i dont think they can get easily damaged by computer's sound output.

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 12
I wouldn't worry about the headphones, I would worry more about ears of your brother . Sennheiser claim they can handle up to 500mW of long-term input power, so they must be ok unless they doesn't sound so.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 12
your brother's ears must be some kind of special to be able to enjoy at such high volume
biggrin.gif

Nocturnal310 They are 50 Ohm rite? ...i dont think they can get easily damaged by computer's sound output.

But he said he plugged it into the head amp?

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #9 of 12
I'm sure your headphones are fine. It would take allot of volume, so much that it would damage you brother hearing, to really damage your headphones.

But I would still kick his butt, for touching my stuff.
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd kill your brother.

You're missing a god-given opportunity. You actually have a legitimate reason to beat-up your brother.

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

and I feel certainly better after beating up my brother.

This thread is worthless without pics!
biggrin.gif

But yeah, if there isnt any rattle or slight distortion in the sound, I wouldnt worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back