New guy from Houston.
Feb 13, 2013 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HTX kid

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone the name is Martin. New to the headphone business here and after googling a lot I noticed this page come up a lot. Basically, I have always been into music but mostly car audio and stuff. Well, I have decided to go back to school and I let go a lot of my car audio stuff along with a lot of toys. Now I want to get some nice headphones since I like to listen to music and I'm on campus a lot. Hope to learn a bunch and become a long time contributing member. I also have a lot of questions I want to ask and a lot of Info I want to learn. Peace!

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Hey everyone the name is Martin. New to the headphone business here and after googling a lot I noticed this page come up a lot. Basically, I have always been into music but mostly car audio and stuff. Well, I have decided to go back to school and I let go a lot of my car audio stuff along with a lot of toys. Now I want to get some nice headphones since I like to listen to music and I'm on campus a lot. Hope to learn a bunch and become a long time contributing member. I also have a lot of questions I want to ask and a lot of Info I want to learn. Peace!
Hey, nice to see a new Head-Fier! There is a meet in Austin, TX on the 2nd, if you could make it there, it would be a wonderful start into this new hobby! Entrance fee is only $20, and there wil be thousands of dollars in gear ranging from the Pinnacle of headphones, to amazing sounding cheap headphones ($80)! As always, "Welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry About Your Wallet!"

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 8
So head-fiers is the official name? Awesome! Thanks for the welcome. I will see if I can make the show but to be honest it's highly doubtful I will be able to go. I live on a small budget and using some of my money I got from selling some of my stuff to buy my headphones lol.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 8
So head-fiers is the official name? Awesome! Thanks for the welcome. I will see if I can make the show but to be honest it's highly doubtful I will be able to go. I live on a small budget and using some of my money I got from selling some of my stuff to buy my headphones lol.
Do you know what type of headphone you'd prefer? A trebel happy (bright), bass heavy (Dark), or Neutral (Flat), or anything in between?

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 8
Well, I always have been an all around type of guy because I listen to all types of music. I do prefer a little more bass since out of all the music I listen to I prefer hip hop/rap/r&b. so far the research I have done the ATH-m50 sounds promising and it's fitting with in the price range. But by no means do I want something overly bass-e. my little brother has a a couple pairs of beats and I am not impressed at all. I think they sound like crap and I have never heard expensive headphones. Not finally decided though, there is a lot I'm looking for. Comfort, sound, reliability, not sure if I can find a happy median of all these in the price range.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 8
Well, I always have been an all around type of guy because I listen to all types of music. I do prefer a little more bass since out of all the music I listen to I prefer hip hop/rap/r&b. so far the research I have done the ATH-m50 sounds promising and it's fitting with in the price range. But by no means do I want something overly bass-e. my little brother has a a couple pairs of beats and I am not impressed at all. I think they sound like crap and I have never heard expensive headphones. Not finally decided though, there is a lot I'm looking for. Comfort, sound, reliability, not sure if I can find a happy median of all these in the price range.
The m50 is overpriced IMHO, read reviews of the Beyers, or read on some of the mods for the t50p... The jvc HA-S500 also sounds amazing and fits your needs real well.

Note that I've only heard the jvc HA-S500 and m50. (that I listed for you, I've heard quite a few others as well)

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #7 of 8
Oh, and it's getting late, goodnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back