New Google phone looks horrid
Sep 27, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #31 of 35
Since someone said that the phone looks ordinary and that they expected more from google, please repeat after me:

Google did not make the phone, Google did not make the phone, Google did not make the phone, Google did not make the phone, Google did not make the phone, Google did not make the phone, Google did not make the phone ad infin.

Or until you remember that HTC made the phone. Google made the operating system. They are not the same. Not intending to flame, but this has really started to annoy me lately. Well, that and when people complain that android lacks features it actually has.

I think that the biggest challenge isn't to make the system compatible with all phones made, as I think that any manufacturer with half a mind who design a phone to use google android should be able to make a phone that is compatible. They're large phone companies, and much like nvidia can supply drivers so that their card works with windows, I am sure they can make their phones work with android.

I think the most difficult challenge to google android though is that they're relying on the phone manufacturers a lot now. Controlling every step of manufacturing can be beneficial (see iPod, xbox, etc) but Windows certainly sold well without MS supplying the hardware. It will be interesting to watch what happens.
popcorn.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Google did not make the phone

Exactly. This is an HTC phone and is very similar to some of their other models. I'm betting that Google had very little say in the design and features of the phone. More likely than not, T-Mobile asked HTC to design a phone similar to the Iphone but using Android, and cheap enough to sway at least T-Mobile users to switch.

As a T-Mobile user, I'm very tempted to get one. However, I think I'll hold off for now for a couple of reasons. First, there are probably some bugs that need to be worked out. Second, I currently have a pretty basic plan and I'm not sure if I want to shell out another $25 a month for a data plan I may not need or want since right now my phone is just a phone.

Also, I'm sure there will be bigger and better Android phones down the line. My concern though is that T-Mobile never offers good phones. I'm surprised they're getting the first Android phone. It may be a long time before we see another one from them.

Sep 30, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Google did not make the phone

Good luck trying to explain that to ppl.

It looks so ugly!

I curse iphone, i have lots of difficulties in talking to ppl that have one.

Looks great, lots of neat stuff, sucks as a phone, forgot to recharge it last nigh ? No calls for you today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back