New Go-vibe available soon
Jun 25, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #46 of 50
It looks like the Go-Vibe 3 is now up
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #47 of 50
Far from me to be the only skeptic here -- I love my v1 and v2 govibes -- I aside from larger caps and that there is no wiring at all... there don't seem to be any fundamental changes to the circuit design. Everything's the same... a design noted by a lack of input caps, a tle splitter, and single opamp. It seems to me that essentially you're buying a nicer, smaller case.

Jun 27, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoteriX
It seems to me that essentially you're buying a nicer, smaller case.

Agree. Utilizing a cleaner design, new aluminum case, and included 2 op-amps. It is only a $20 difference from V1 and V2, so theres not much new technology going under the hood.

But nonetheless still curious of what it sounds like.

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #50 of 50
Really happy with my V2 go-vibe w/AD8620, won't be buying this. The lack of internal wiring is no biggie IMO, if it makes a noticeable difference in sound I'd be surprised. If anything, I'd rather have thicker wiring in certain places (e.g. to the headphone output jack) than thin circuit board traces.

I'd guess the nicer (to some people) case is what's adding most of the additional price... custom-printed faceplates aren't free. Personally I'm sick of the look of those mini Hammond cases, having owned a couple amps that used them (Minime, original Home-Vibe). I also prefer the Kilo knob myself, maybe I'm a quirky kinda guy.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murdoch
Norm continually tweaks his amps. He's a perfectionist like that
icon10.gif

Well let's face it, he's also a small-volume seller looking to increase his profit margins. I doubt this amp costs him much more than the V2 in larger parts quantity, and it costs $20 (?) more. Probably faster for him to build as well. No question tho, the printed faceplate is a very nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back