New Go-vibe available soon
Jun 17, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #31 of 50
You make a good point regarding price. I would also factor shipping. At least for me, that's very important when deciding on stuff I want. Anyway, somebody should make a comparo between the PiMETAS and Moy's with the Go-Vibe, it would be really helpful.

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #32 of 50
Like several of the posters in this thread, I also just recently bought a Go-Vibe (version 2, I guess). I am extremely pleased with the quality of this amp, particularly for its sophisticated sound quality relative to its price. While Version 3 has my interest, I have no buyer's remorse at all. Of course I'll be interested to hear what if any sonic differences there will actually be, but having acquired two quality products in close succession, a Pocket Amp 2 and the Go-Vibe 2, I'm not really ready to add a third amp to the ongoing comparison. I will be looking forward to its debut and the inevitable reviews from this community withthe possibility of a purchase interest by year end if it builds significantly on the existing Go-Vibe.

I haven't found any of this information other than at this site. If indeed the price is $100, that is very reasonable. The current Go-Vibe, if purchased with both opamps included with Version 3, costs $76. For the additional $24 you get the aluminum enclosure and the modified circuit design so it sounds like a no-brainer and not much of an additional asking price to get the latest incarnation of Norm's excellent design.

When I started looking at portable amps not too long ago, I read about Headsave and also learned that Norm had gotten out of the business. Shortly thereafter, I read that Norm reopened with the current Go-Vibe and I jumped on it, even though I wasn't sure if Norm was going to continue on or produce limited quantities. The notice on the Go-Vibe 3 is good news, not just for the fact that an evolution of the Go-Vibe will be coming out, but is hopefully indicative of Norm's renewed commitment to keeping his excellent work coming.

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #33 of 50
pictures...as requested!

Norm's super busy the next few weeks, so will not be able to deliver huge quantities until july...

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #35 of 50
You have to remember that Headsave stopped making amps because he could not keep up with demand (or so I heard). He has probably adjusted his prices to make it worth his time. I believe it is one person building amps.

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #36 of 50
The V3 looks awesome! Yes, I decided I am going to get it now . . looks so sweet. I guess I won't mind paying $31 more
smily_headphones1.gif
besides it is better sonically and the new cases just beats (in looks and probably build) the old plastic hammond case.

Jun 18, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #41 of 50
Im not feelin the font either, but sound is the most important, how does it stack up against a super mini moy? the price seems to be placed to go head to head with the super mini moy.

I think eyevansceu(sp?) is another hammond pocket cmoy seller in the same price bracket. He had a mall fi ad a while back

Jun 18, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #43 of 50
I think custom face plates are better then standard generic ones, as customized plates give the satisfaction of owning something that feels professional IMO,

a plain face plate would come off to me as a another cmoy or generic pocket amp that seems to flood ebay. engraving adds something special to the amp and sets it apart
smily_headphones1.gif

I also like the look of the hammonds (expecially black) without the plastic trim. I guess since it would remind me of the macro 3
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 8:41 AM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
I would look nice if it were just plain. No lettering, and silver with blue LED. Swweeet, I wonder if he can make mine like that.

well... i think, norm's main goal is to minimize any customizations, and that's why he adds a second opamp and stopped providing alternatives a while back.
personally i'm not a big fan of alu-cases for portable purposes: they're heavier, more prone to scratch visibly... but they seem to be sort of trendy and offer nicer touchs and looks for use at home.

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #45 of 50
My friend just got this email from Norm:

Quote:

The new amp is housed an all black aluminum case. The very small Hammond one. The end panels are CNC machined and engraved and the battery fits nicely inside. First of all the new amp is called go-vibe V3 just to differentiate it.
Secondly, the price is $89US with a choice of gain setting, red or green LED and OPA2227 or AD8066 opamp.
The new go-vibe V3 is available now alongside the original. The website will be updated with pics etc. within a couple of weeks.
I have all the relevent files and pics on my laptop which is packed away for an upcoming trip, but I can send you the details this weekend when I get back.

Sounds good, but I'm still torn between this, the Z-Audio Epsilon/Mu, JMT PIMETA (To what extent is it maxed out? Another other places that sell the PIMETA?), the Headroom Airhead, and the Audio-Technica AT-HA2 Headphone Amp (Something about its professional look makes it very appealing and makes all the others appear to be lacking, particularly the JMT PIMETA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back