New Gaming Reccs - Coming from AD900X to (possibly) HD598
Oct 8, 2017 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DKohanski

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I have been gaming on a pair of ATH-AD900X's that I have had to repair the jack on several times due to a mishap on a plane. (Sat up too quickly and broke the damn thing right off.) After a year and a half of being okay on a new jack that I soldered myself, they seem to have finally given up on me.

Anyway, I am looking for new recommendations. The AD900X appealed to me primarily because of the very accurate soundstage that they boasted, and while they served me well in that regard I am hoping to move to something that has a tad more in the lows, though I don't need heavy bass the 900s really were light. I am looking for a new pair that has a good soundstage for gaming and music (hip-hop, DnB, Electronica, Alternative), and also has a bit more in the way of "oomph" if you will.

Also if you could include what DAC you would include with your recc let me know. Thanks.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 2
I know this is a little old, but I came across you post trying to decide between AD700X, AD900X, and AD1000X. Looks we're trying to opposite sound signatures. I currently have the Phillips X1's(X2 is the newer version) and Monolith M1060. Both have good sound stage and are fun sounding with bass emphasis. Neither need amps. X2's can use a VModa Boom Mic whereas the M1060's need to use a Modmic type setup if that matters to you. The X1/X2's are really great for gaming as well as the music you're looking at, but honestly the M1060 has more 'wow' to it compared to the X1/X2. My 8 year old prefers the M1060's over the X1's when he plays Destiny if that matters. I asked him why they sounded better to him and he just said they just sound so big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back