new Gallo Reference 3.1's!
Oct 11, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look almost like "normal" floor standers with the covers on, don't they? Absolute steal for the price.

They do look rather conventional with the covers on, which I like. The look without the covers is a love it or hate it affair... and I'm not saying I hate it, but I like the shape of the covers, with the arc to the front. They are deceptively small in person with a very narrow face-on profile even with the cover on. Again, which I like. I think I'll update my album on Picasa with a shot I took of the Gallo next to my former Meadowlark Shearwater HR's for comparison, but it's a crappy cell phone image.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #17 of 19
Do we have enough interest for a speaker cable survey w/ the Gallos?

-Tim

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by twestby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do we have enough interest for a speaker cable survey w/ the Gallos?

-Tim

I would like to see that survey, but don't have enough experience with a large variety of speaker cables. I've only used Gregg Straley's Reality Cables for the main drivers with them, and an entry level Transparent for the SA amp to the woofer's second voice coil.... it'd be a fun survey anyway though.

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to see that survey, but don't have enough experience with a large variety of speaker cables. I've only used Gregg Straley's Reality Cables for the main drivers with them, and an entry level Transparent for the SA amp to the woofer's second voice coil.... it'd be a fun survey anyway though.

Yeah, be nice to get a read on number of owners. I'm guessing not enough, at least in this forum. I use the Eclipse w/ Cardas for the second voice coil, obviously. -Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back