New from Weiss - the DAC 204 IN STOCK A TTVJAudio.com
Nov 1, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #196 of 236
for anyone is interested in 205, ddc brings significant changes...205 is unlike 204, if you want the best out of it. quality ddc is required.

some might say int204+dac205 is better than dac204 on its own
I believe the DAC204 has the INT204 and DAC205 boards combined into 1 chassis. I suspect Weiss did this to help recoup the development and production costs of those boards as those devices may not have much demand on their own.

All I know is a well burned in DAC204 with a good LPS is absolutely stunning to listen to.

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #197 of 236
I believe the DAC204 has the INT204 and DAC205 boards combined into 1 chassis. I suspect Weiss did this to help recoup the development and production costs of those boards as those devices may not have much demand on their own.

All I know is a well burned in DAC204 with a good LPS is absolutely stunning to listen to.
technically speaking yes, it is basicly the same thing in one chasis or two....however...they do have different power board

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #202 of 236
+1

I swapped in an SR purple fuse and added a Ghent DC cable to my Keces LPS and that combination with the 204 sounds utterly spectacular.
Can you share the model number of Ghent dc cable ?
Thanks

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #203 of 236
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #204 of 236
There is definitely an element of look too, a nice case shouldn’t cost much look at Schiit Audio products. You want to be able to admire your investment when you walk past it in the living room.

And people have complained about the "simple" looking Schiit stuff. Does that mean they're right and you're wrong? Aesthetics are subjective.

Some people do like the stripped down look, and it can add contrast to a system shelf. And the DAC doesn't look cheap or thrown together... it's look leans toward the simple, which is a perfectly valid design choice.

Nov 24, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #206 of 236
I'm sorry if this was already covered somewhere in this thread but I'm wondering if anyone has tried a Farad Super 3 7v with the DAC204. I know that people were singing the praises of the 9v... I have access to a 7v for a great price but would like to know if will work well before I go to the trouble of getting it.

Nov 25, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #207 of 236
I'm sorry if this was already covered somewhere in this thread but I'm wondering if anyone has tried a Farad Super 3 7v with the DAC204. I know that people were singing the praises of the 9v... I have access to a 7v for a great price but would like to know if will work well before I go to the trouble of getting it.
dac 204 manual
Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 11.26.56 PM.png

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #208 of 236
See threads 24 and 164 (from memory) above. Seems to be a great PS.

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #209 of 236
Thanks - yes I'm aware that the specified voltage range is 6-9. When it came to the Farad it seemed like most had opted for the 9 and not the 7v edition and generally with a voltage range I tend to go for the highest possible allowance. So I was curious to see if anyone had actually tried the 7v Farad and even... possibly?... compared it to the 9v. I don't see anything like that on this thread yet although it is a very long thread and I may have missed it. Definitely people in this thread (and others) singing the praises of the Farad PS in general.

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #210 of 236
Thanks - yes I'm aware that the specified voltage range is 6-9. When it came to the Farad it seemed like most had opted for the 9 and not the 7v edition and generally with a voltage range I tend to go for the highest possible allowance. So I was curious to see if anyone had actually tried the 7v Farad and even... possibly?... compared it to the 9v. I don't see anything like that on this thread yet although it is a very long thread and I may have missed it. Definitely people in this thread (and others) singing the praises of the Farad PS in general.
I use a Ferrum Hypsos with my 204 albeit a bit more expensive but it's superb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back