New from Weiss - the DAC 204 IN STOCK A TTVJAudio.com
Oct 18, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #181 of 236
Got my Keces P8 yesterday and put a few hours on it. All I can say is that I can only echo what Vangelis stated above about his Plixar. In short, a good LPS just makes a great 204 even better. I am going to be ordering a Gotham DC cable from Ghent and also see there's 2 fuses that appear to be ceramic that can replaced with SR's which should also help improve SQ further. 2 thumbs up for the Keces though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #182 of 236
The Plixir added more dynamics, but simultaneously, my HiFi is now way more relaxing to listen to.
My Weiss DAC 204 has now arrived, so I can now join this journey! Haven’t had that much listening time yet, but from what I have, it is much more textured and detailed. When listening to orchestral the instruments are differentiated rather than mixed together and you can hear the texture of the strings, exactly what I had been hoping for. I had bought it without listening due to very positive reviews and user feedback, whilst somewhat wary due to others being less positive and the device not testing technically terribly well, so came as a relief. I don’t have experience of other higher end DACs but am very happy with the sound so don’t feel the need to explore further.

When you say the Plixir makes it more relaxing to listen to, do you mean it takes the edge off sharper notes and smooths the music? Does it do this whilst retaining detail?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #183 of 236
My Weiss DAC 204 has now arrived, so I can now join this journey! Haven’t had that much listening time yet, but from what I have, it is much more textured and detailed. When listening to orchestral the instruments are differentiated rather than mixed together and you can hear the texture of the strings, exactly what I had been hoping for. I had bought it without listening due to very positive reviews and user feedback, whilst somewhat wary due to others being less positive and the device not testing technically terribly well, so came as a relief. I don’t have experience of other higher end DACs but am very happy with the sound so don’t feel the need to explore further.

When you say the Plixir makes it more relaxing to listen to, do you mean it takes the edge off sharper notes and smooths the music? Does it do this whilst retaining detail?
I have a ferrum hypsos with my 204 and it is worth every penny ,it just lifts another veil off the music ,detailed smooth all I ever wanted as I have always been a vinyl man ,won't be dac hunting any longer ,at last 😁

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #184 of 236
I have a ferrum hypsos with my 204 and it is worth every penny ,it just lifts another veil off the music ,detailed smooth all I ever wanted as I have always been a vinyl man ,won't be dac hunting any longer ,at last 😁
It seems any good LPS makes for a good combination with the 204. I am so happy with mine that I'm no longer dac hunting too. I came from a Gustard X26Pro, U18 DDC with a master clock and that stuff sounded pretty terrific and punched above its weight but the 204 with my Keces P8 just blows that gear into the weeds. I love the Weiss sound. The only possible upgrade I could want would be a few years down the road looking for a used 501 or 502.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #185 of 236

Welcome to the 204 club! :relaxed:
I bought mine like you bought yours minus the wariness of the less positive views as those opinions came from those who never heard or owned a 204. I listen to music not test results or specs. What I hear coming out of my speakers now is the best sound I have ever heard coming out of those speakers.
As good as it sounds to you now, wait until you hear how good it gets after a couple hundred hours on it.

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #186 of 236
Welcome to the 204 club! :relaxed:
I bought mine like you bought yours minus the wariness of the less positive views as those opinions came from those who never heard or owned a 204. I listen to music not test results or specs. What I hear coming out of my speakers now is the best sound I have ever heard coming out of those speakers.
As good as it sounds to you now, wait until you hear how good it gets after a couple hundred hours on it.
I always prefer to listen myself before buying, but couldn’t find anywhere that had one to demo as in such short supply. Very glad I went for it now, and good to hear it improves more with use!

Oct 30, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #187 of 236

Absoluty, no loss of detail with the PS upgrade. When the noise level drops, the music line becomes, way more coherent, and your brain, simply doesn’t have to work as hard to connect the musical dots, so to speak. This was an issue with early digital componets (and still is with some current ones) that causes what I call, “the digital twitch”, meaning, you can’t sit relaxed while listening to a poor quality digital source.

Oct 30, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #188 of 236
Absoluty, no loss of detail with the PS upgrade. When the noise level drops, the music line becomes, way more coherent, and your brain, simply doesn’t have to work as hard to connect the musical dots, so to speak. This was an issue with early digital componets (and still is with some current ones) that causes what I call, “the digital twitch”, meaning, you can’t sit relaxed while listening to a poor quality digital source.
Any comparison of Weiss 204 vs T + A DAC 200?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #189 of 236
Any comparison vs T + A DAC 200?
They are compatible, at least, when the Weiss has an upgraded ps. Now, that being said, I will compare the two side by side after the Weiss is fully run in. I will have a better idea in few weeks.

Oct 31, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #190 of 236
I totally agree ,I added a ferrum hypsos to my dac 204 and the difference is audible,it is more coherent and detail is sparkling

Oct 31, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #191 of 236
Keep updating please. I heard the Ferrum Wandla with Hysos couple weeks ago and to be honest I did not like the sound so my interesting is back with Weiss 204. I have a Schiit Gungnir Multibit and do not know if the Weiss 204 is clearly an upgrade or not. In addition I do not listen to DSD so maybe I could try to save budget by buying the Weiss 205 and I already have a Matrix X-Spdif 3.

Oct 31, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #192 of 236
Keep updating please. I heard the Ferrum Wandla with Hysos couple weeks ago and to be honest I did not like the sound so my interesting is back with Weiss 204. I have a Schiit Gungnir Multibit and do not know if the Weiss 204 is clearly an upgrade or not. In addition I do not listen to DSD so maybe I could try to save budget by buying the Weiss 205 and I already have a Matrix X-Spdif 3.
The dac 204 was a huge upgrade on all dacs I have previously owned ,more expensive dacs also ,I don't get excited by upgrades as I been an audiophile for over 40 years ,but this upgrade is up there with the best I have made ,I don't believe there are many dacs that could improve on this it's that good

Oct 31, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #193 of 236
I'm curious about this too!
I dont plan to use DSD. Don't know if go with the 204 or the 205. I'm thinking about getting the matrix spdif 3. Do you guys know if the 204 coaxial reclocks the signal or it would skip the DDC portion?
I know some people stack DDCs.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #194 of 236
I'm curious about this too!
I dont plan to use DSD. Don't know if go with the 204 or the 205. I'm thinking about getting the matrix spdif 3. Do you guys know if the 204 coaxial reclocks the signal or it would skip the DDC portion?
I know some people stack DDCs.
I’m waiting for my 205 which I preordered in June.
I’ll be pairing with singxer su6 & farad LPS.

Oct 31, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #195 of 236
for anyone is interested in 205, ddc brings significant changes...205 is unlike 204, if you want the best out of it. quality ddc is required.

some might say int204+dac205 is better than dac204 on its own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back