NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Oct 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #406 of 974

Hi!

I just bought mine and so far loving the details; however, I would like a little more subbass and "boom". If i were to remove the foam materials from behind the driver, would that help?

As I said in my previous reply, I think removing the cotton would likely reduce the fullness and body to the sound and further up the treble. I haven't tried it myself on the 610s, but from what I've observed on my modded D5000s, it should be that way.

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #409 of 974
Yes I agree--extremely smooth and pleasant and rich. 
lol it gets pretty addicting right? You'r style of cans are a lot more diverse than mines that I purchased. I guess I'm just a little stuck in my bass head ways. Eventually I will get tired of it. Now I want cleaner and clearer sound. :loud_sound:

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #410 of 974
lol it gets pretty addicting right? You'r style of cans are a lot more diverse than mines that I purchased. I guess I'm just a little stuck in my bass head ways. Eventually I will get tired of it. Now I want cleaner and clearer sound. :loud_sound:

I'm appreciating my TH-610 more and more. I haven't heard any of the headphones you have, so I can't directly compare. I don't think I would call them a bass head can, but they are definitely a lot of fun. They have a warmer tone and a thicker low end than the HD-800. I have a limited amount of time to listen to my headphones, and I've been turning to the 610's a lot lately. Very happy with them.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #411 of 974

I'm appreciating my TH-610 more and more. I haven't heard any of the headphones you have, so I can't directly compare. I don't think I would call them a bass head can, but they are definitely a lot of fun. They have a warmer tone and a thicker low end than the HD-800. I have a limited amount of time to listen to my headphones, and I've been turning to the 610's a lot lately. Very happy with them.

Yes, Your Th610's are on my list of cans i want to get next. My list keeps expanding. Since the last 3 months i might of added like 5 definite buys for me. My new venture is into open back. I haven't even heard any as of yet. But i'm on the list to audition the Focal Elear. I'm pretty excited for that opportunity. it may make me change my ways.

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #412 of 974
The Elears have been getting some rave reviews. I would love to hear them, and it's fun to have a collection of phones. But I have to say I'm very happy with my one open and one closed set of headphones.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #413 of 974
Can anyone compare these directly to the Denon D5K? I've avoided biodynas in the past because they typically seem to carry V or U-shaped signatures that I detest. Slightly forward mids are my preference, if anything.

Thanks

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #414 of 974
  Can anyone compare these directly to the Denon D5K? I've avoided biodynas in the past because they typically seem to carry V or U-shaped signatures that I detest. Slightly forward mids are my preference, if anything.

Thanks

These have less harsh and forward treble, much deeper extension and a warmer tint to them.
More slam in the bass when the song calls for it.
Pianos and acoustic guitars get a nice, warmer tint and head voice singing never gets to the point where it's unbearable or I'd have to turn down the volume, which is an issue I had with the 5000s.

Warmer, thicker, less harsh and more pleasant is the gist of my comparison.
The extra thickness together with less harsh treble makes the mids appear a bit more as well in my perception.

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #417 of 974
  Now that E-Mu Teak is available o Massdrop, can someone help me decide between Th610 and E-Mu teak? Thanks.

Tyll has a very good comparison between the usual Fostex suspects: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/survey-foster-443742-variants-subjective-listening-tests-denon-ah-d5000-massdrop-fostex-th#yuAu6SVp4Fl6IrY2.97

It's a good place to start. The upshot is E-Mu Teak is a bit more V-shaped than the 610. Personally, I'm holding out for a price drop on the 610.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #419 of 974
Hi all,

Just found some new TH-600s for $499. Wondering if I should get them or pony up the extra for the TH-610s. Mainly listen to EDM. Current phones: T50RPMk3.

thanks for any advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back