New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
Apr 24, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #151 of 220
Where in the world can I find the 1/4 jack HP-V1?

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #152 of 220
Other people's experience is the volume pot is too easily turned, my HP-V1 has a smoother and offers more resistance to turn than that of my P1. Is this a common experience? I was expecting the more extreme.

May 3, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #154 of 220
I just picked the V1, and the Continental V3, running them thru some listening, looks like I have 2 new favorite amps! will have the HP up in a portable rig soon, along with the CLAS-R, I have the C-V3 set up for portable use though, I'm liking them both alot,

just realised the volume pot has a rubber o-ring behind it so it moves with a little effort, but not freely on its own, not sure who did it as it was an open box buy from overseas, but looks like I won't have to worry about it moving on its own,

May 4, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #155 of 220
  I just picked the V1, and the Continental V3, running them thru some listening, looks like I have 2 new favorite amps! will have the HP up in a portable rig soon, along with the CLAS-R, I have the C-V3 set up for portable use though, I'm liking them both alot,

just realised the volume pot has a rubber o-ring behind it so it moves with a little effort, but not freely on its own, not sure who did it as it was an open box buy from overseas, but looks like I won't have to worry about it moving on its own,

Fortune strikes you. Fostex created their own customized capacitor for the tube stage!

I have a particular fondness for the P1 DAC sound. I use filter 1 (little more edgy)  when connected to the V1, but filter 2 (somewhat softer) when alone.

Post your impressions.

May 4, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #156 of 220
hey AJ, thanks for the suggestion, I haven't thought about my P1 in a loong time, I've been a CLAS-R man in the meentime, but now I will rediscover the P1, great idea thanks AJ, and yes I will post my impressions

May 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #157 of 220

Fortune strikes you. Fostex created their own customized capacitor for the tube stage!

I have a particular fondness for the P1 DAC sound. I use filter 1 (little more edgy)  when connected to the V1, but filter 2 (somewhat softer) when alone.

Post your impressions.

I'm sure I read somewhere (HP-P1 / V1 instructions?) that the filter setting is by-passed when you plug an external amp into the P1.

I could be wrong - and very often am.

May 11, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #158 of 220
After gathering all the information I could find on this thread and similiar sites, the majority of owners pair the V1 with low-impedance headphones. What if I intend to to connect the, say, HD700 with an impedance of 150
ffd4501c7ee4971b79baebbfc3b21a23.png
 to the V1? Will it be able to drive these headphones with ease? I'm in the market for my first amplifier and I look like this after conducting 1 hour of research: 
confused_face_2.gif

I admittedly feel a little stupid asking this question because it seems that no one uses high-impedance headphones with the V1. Someone please clarify!

May 12, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #159 of 220
  After gathering all the information I could find on this thread and similiar sites, the majority of owners pair the V1 with low-impedance headphones. What if I intend to to connect the, say, HD700 with an impedance of 150
ffd4501c7ee4971b79baebbfc3b21a23.png
 to the V1? Will it be able to drive these headphones with ease? I'm in the market for my first amplifier and I look like this after conducting 1 hour of research: 
confused_face_2.gif

I admittedly feel a little stupid asking this question because it seems that no one uses high-impedance headphones with the V1. Someone please clarify!

I used the T1 (600Ohm) with the V1, works without problems, same with the 250Ohm T90. High-impedance headphones are no problem I'd say.

May 12, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #160 of 220

I used the T1 (600Ohm) with the V1, works without problems, same with the 250Ohm T90. High-impedance headphones are no problem I'd say.

Has anyone used this amp with Planars?  Like the t50 drivers which I use (Alpha Dog ZMF etc) or Hifiman's/Audeze?  Seems borderline spec wise.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #162 of 220
I just bought an Invicta Mirus but out of money to get a decent amp. Lol

After reading lots of reviews and feedbacks, i tempted to get this lovely V1 as my amp pair with the Mirus for home use. Main headphone is TH900 and some iems. Hope the V1 can drive my TH900 properly :p

May 15, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #163 of 220
I just bought an Invicta Mirus but out of money to get a decent amp. Lol

After reading lots of reviews and feedbacks, i tempted to get this lovely V1 as my amp pair with the Mirus for home use. Main headphone is TH900 and some iems. Hope the V1 can drive my TH900 properly :p

I will receive my VP1 and TH900 tomorrow or Monday. I'll share my first impressions with you. But according to others the VP1 drives the TH900 with ease.

May 18, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #165 of 220
Hi, I am using the V1 to drive my HD650 feed from a DX90 and love them. But how does this compare to the Alo Continental V3 & GoVibe PortaTube? OR others like the Portaphile 627X or RSA SR71A?

Apologise if this had been asked before, am a newbie here.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back