New Fosgate Headpone Amp............Sweet!
Apr 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #46 of 46
Quote:
After further listening, I'm really enjoying this amp.  Great tonality and richness in the mids, while staying articulate.  I listened for three hours or so yesterday..would have for longer if I had the time. No fatigue whatsoever, Macbook Air and Explorer as my source.

While I don't find myself fiddling with the bass boost feature on the HD800s, I'm surprised to be consistently adjusting the crosstalk/surround switch.  I thought it might wear off as a novelty, but some artists and recordings really benefit from the crosstalk.  It can push the image from in your head to 10 feet in front of you.

I am loving this amp as well.  I find that the bass boost and surrond set to the minimum position makes almost all stereo recordings more involving yet less fatiguing.  I have strongly disliked all crossfeed amps I've previously listened to, but this one is excellent because it increases the soundstage but doesn't change the tonal balance at all.  With my LCD-2's it seems to reduce congestion and increase the transient attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back