New for 2021 - oBravo Ra 21
Mar 9, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #31 of 47
Got it- do share the details when it is all set in stone. I bet others will be interested too.

Would also be great if you can record the session just in case.

EDIT: Ah, I can see that Obravo now sponsor Headfi! Good for the visibility of the brand on here for sure!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #32 of 47
My brand spanking new Ra 21 C-Cu has been on burn in duty over the past few days and it is already starting to spread its wings and try to fly. The sound has opened up quite a bit and bass is now at the super accurate and tight level I am used to on the Ra range. Synergy with my Hugo 2 and Focal Arche is beyond excellent.

Interestingly enough, the Utopias seem like the better pairing with my new iBasso DX300 at this stage, even though it is also going through quite a bit of change with regards to the way it sounds at the moment.

Mar 20, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #33 of 47
I get lots of messages asking the difference between the various materials that are used and what it does to the sound. A number of people feel that after owning the Ra 21 C the upgrade to the C-Cu provides an even more organic tonality with finer micro details becoming more present.

Below is an FR of all the different variants

Screenshot_20210125-125226_WeChat.jpg

Mar 20, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #34 of 47
After listening Ra -Wood , then RA-Ceramic, i'm so impressed with my Ra-C Cu . All these listening were possible thank's to the commercial flexibility and kindness Of Phil Wannel from Audio Concierge
So my set ups Ra C-Cu with A&K sp 2000 and Hugo 2

Attachments

• IMG_0469_openWith.jpg
    IMG_0469_openWith.jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0464_openWith.jpg
    IMG_0464_openWith.jpg
    954.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #35 of 47
Maybe someone wants to sell/trade any version of oBravo Ra? Please let me know.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #36 of 47
Hi everyone! A quick update from me after I found myself in Hi-fi paradise after my recent upgrade to a Dave+Mscaler setup.
I am now down to a single pair of headphones and a single IEM in the Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu. It has been a fantastic experience- I am still blown away by how well the Ra scales based on the source powering it.

Burn in has also done wonders and I cannot recommend giving it a go enough. I even ended up selling my one-time favourite the MMR Thummim :p

@PhilW I sure hope you still let potential buyers have a listen- this is a product that has to be properly experienced!

EDIT: Dave+Mscaler+Ra makes my SP2000+Ra pale in comparison. Kinda crazy!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #37 of 47
Hi everyone! A quick update from me after I found myself in Hi-fi paradise after my recent upgrade to a Dave+Mscaler setup.
I am now down to a single pair of headphones and a single IEM in the Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu. It has been a fantastic experience- I am still blown away by how well the Ra scales based on the source powering it.

Burn in has also done wonders and I cannot recommend giving it a go enough. I even ended up selling my one-time favourite the MMR Thummim :p

@PhilW I sure hope you still let potential buyers have a listen- this is a product that has to be properly experienced!

EDIT: Dave+Mscaler+Ra makes my SP2000+Ra pale in comparison. Kinda crazy!
@SteveHulk we have very similar setups hehe! What are your thoughts?

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #38 of 47
@SteveHulk we have very similar setups hehe! What are your thoughts?
I haven't used the ra on the Mscaler and DAVE yet.

My Dave rig has the Woo Audio WA5LE amp which drives the Audeze LCD4. Haven't really thought about using the ra on it yet.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #39 of 47
Maybe someone wants to sell/trade any version of oBravo Ra? Please let me know.
I will let you know if I hear anything.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider an offer for these beasties. It is a proper end game IEM for me!

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #40 of 47
I haven't used the ra on the Mscaler and DAVE yet.

My Dave rig has the Woo Audio WA5LE amp which drives the Audeze LCD4. Haven't really thought about using the ra on it yet.
Give it a go! I didn't think I would like it enough compared to the Utopias but, unexpectedly, each of the two is now getting their fairly evenly split time in the spotlight.

Jun 23, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #41 of 47
I will let you know if I hear anything.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider an offer for these beasties. It is a proper end game IEM for me!
Thank you, it would help me a lot. Very rarely anyone wants to sell them.

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #42 of 47
Ra+Eletech Illiad+A&K SP2000 for today's walk. Sounds glorious :D
Is this an adapter for ob-mmcx to 2 pins? Very good thing, maybe you know where to buy one?

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #43 of 47
Jul 1, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #44 of 47
I get lots of messages asking the difference between the various materials that are used and what it does to the sound. A number of people feel that after owning the Ra 21 C the upgrade to the C-Cu provides an even more organic tonality with finer micro details becoming more present.

Below is an FR of all the different variants

Screenshot_20210125-125226_WeChat.jpg
What is the difference between old and new CU in terms of Frequency response chart? Is there a new CU 21.5 chart?

Jul 1, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #45 of 47
What is the difference between old and new CU in terms of Frequency response chart? Is there a new CU 21.5 chart?
I have not seen such graphs.
As far as I can believe the reviews, the '21 version has improved the upper frequencies and bass, and increased them a bit.
However, as far as I know, there is already version 21.5. And nothing is known about her. Neither about the sound, nor about the characteristics and changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back