New Focal Utopia for 2022: impressions
Nov 25, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #527 of 647
^ It sounds like he was making the observation that the consumer response to the respective versions of the Clear and Utopia are the same; that is, there is no unanimous preference for the new vs old. I don't think he was trying to say that the Clear and Utopia sound the same.

Nov 25, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #528 of 647
^ then i hope he has the opportunity to try them and come to his own conclusions

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #529 of 647
Anyway, I can tell the difference between the old Utopia and the Nutopia within the first 60 seconds with my hearing
(And also between Clear and Clear Mg it is quite simple)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #530 of 647
It is more difficult to determine with the Clear or with the MG with my hearing whether I hear now with the Fiio m17 or with the SP3000 my music.
With the U/Nutopia it is again much easier to determine the difference between the two players

NOMAX

PS.Therefore also my post to SP3000 ...this makes really only sense if the headphones can show the differences
Yes very much money for the duo Utopia/Nutopia with the Sp30000, but in the sum of its properties this is unbeatable, have not yet heard still an amp / source / Dac for 4300 euros which is approaching here

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #532 of 647
After a period of time listening I found the New Utopia to have a wider and more open sound stage. The Original one sounded like in a closed small studio.

Jan 10, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #534 of 647
I have to agree with the above few comments.
I had the OG for about 2 years and just finished burning the new one in along with the Lazuli Ref+ cable. I’m no audiophile and don’t get too involved with the extremes some of you guys go into with sound, “but” I’m blown away with this combo. The soundstage is far superior to my old one, the bass is definetly better but for me detail retrieval is where I’m winning so much. I’m hearing sounds from playlists I listen to over and over again that I haven’t heard before so much on a few Felix Leband songs I’ve played them on my full system speakers to see if I can hear the sounds. I literally can’t take them off currently and it’s bought a whole new experience to me…
What I will say is I have not used them with the stock cable only the Danacable, but man it’s awesome.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #535 of 647
I have to agree with the above few comments.
I had the OG for about 2 years and just finished burning the new one in along with the Lazuli Ref+ cable. I’m no audiophile and don’t get too involved with the extremes some of you guys go into with sound, “but” I’m blown away with this combo. The soundstage is far superior to my old one, the bass is definetly better but for me detail retrieval is where I’m winning so much. I’m hearing sounds from playlists I listen to over and over again that I haven’t heard before so much on a few Felix Leband songs I’ve played them on my full system speakers to see if I can hear the sounds. I literally can’t take them off currently and it’s bought a whole new experience to me…
What I will say is I have not used them with the stock cable only the Danacable, but man it’s awesome.
Nice commentary. It seems that more and more Nutopia users are coming around and enjoying it a little bit more than the OG. I have the OG, but I'm getting curious about the sonics of the 2022 Utopia.

Jan 10, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #536 of 647
On it now! 😎

Attachments

• A72D76FA-7527-4179-BD43-128A492103B7.jpeg
    A72D76FA-7527-4179-BD43-128A492103B7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #540 of 647
Hello all. I have a pair of Meze Elite and I'm quite happy with them. However, doing what we do, I can't help but wonder about the 2022 Utopia.
Has anyone compared the Elite to a 2022 Utopia? My amplifier is a Luxman p-750u.
My music listening is 90% classical and the rest a mixture of jazz and electronic drum and bass/jungle.
I know that since I'm on a Utopia 2022 thread, there are going to be glowing opinions on the headphone and probably all posts will recommend me selling the Elite. I'm curious to know the differences between the two if anyone has any experience. Please tell me why and/or how the 2022 Utopia will be better for classical music than the Elite.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back