New Flagships from Burson - Conductor 3/3X GT - Fully discrete Dual DAC, High Current 10W Headamp!
Nov 4, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #16 of 31
Thank u for your explanation.
The reason I’m saying that is not because of conductors driving capability but because I have lots of iems and at the same time planning to invade into headphones… so I would need a dac/amp which has lots of connection options, so it’s a drawback at least for me
just wanted to let you know that if you do go to your dealer and try out either of those amps you most likely will damage a set of IEMs... even though both have a 100 step volume range the power that comes out just from going from zero to the first position is a lot of power... to give you an example - in high gain with the Audeze LCD-X or LCD-XC going from zero volume to the next position of 1 is right on the edge of being too loud to listen to for any long periods... and I do have a tendency to listen a little loud... so when using those headphones I use EQ and adjust the Preamp option down quite a bit or I switch down to low gain... both of those amps are gods send for hard to drive headphones like some of the Hifiman headphones... Susvara or the older versions of the HE1000 and of course the HE6se V2... the Burson Amps make those sound amazing with plenty left on the volume knob... I can't think of a reason why you won't like either one of those amps as they are amazing in build and sound.. and a super nice option to be able to opamp roll to make them sound even better... if you do decide on either then check around as some of the pre-order units are still available where you get the free stand and 5 amp super charger included and with the sale of 20% off right now that is a great deal... can't wait to hear what headphones you decide on :)

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #17 of 31
just wanted to let you know that if you do go to your dealer and try out either of those amps you most likely will damage a set of IEMs... even though both have a 100 step volume range the power that comes out just from going from zero to the first position is a lot of power... to give you an example - in high gain with the Audeze LCD-X or LCD-XC going from zero volume to the next position of 1 is right on the edge of being too loud to listen to for any long periods... and I do have a tendency to listen a little loud... so when using those headphones I use EQ and adjust the Preamp option down quite a bit or I switch down to low gain... both of those amps are gods send for hard to drive headphones like some of the Hifiman headphones... Susvara or the older versions of the HE1000 and of course the HE6se V2... the Burson Amps make those sound amazing with plenty left on the volume knob... I can't think of a reason why you won't like either one of those amps as they are amazing in build and sound.. and a super nice option to be able to opamp roll to make them sound even better... if you do decide on either then check around as some of the pre-order units are still available where you get the free stand and 5 amp super charger included and with the sale of 20% off right now that is a great deal... can't wait to hear what headphones you decide on :)
Wow. Knew it was a powerful unit.. just didn’t expect it to be so POWERFUL. Thanks for the heads up 🤗
How about driving it in low gain thru balance? Still too much for iems?

Nov 4, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #18 of 31
for XLR balanced amps, a true balanced amp will have two separate mono type amps, one feeding the left and the other feeding the right side headphone driver... so with two mono amps the XLR has 2x the power of the SE (single ended)
depending on what IEM you plan on using for the demo of those amps I'd say low gain is pretty much where you want to start and if you have an iem match that would work perfectly... you might ask the dealer to let you demo the amps with one of their headphones to let you get the volume worked out for your iem demo... on another subject though... you mentioned the 3.5mm plug for your iems... XLR is balanced output and 3.5mm is single ended... so a 3.5mm single ended cable shares the ground wire and thats not a good idea with XLR balanced... you could end up doing damage to the amps with a 3.5mm adapter if you or the store had one for the XLR output... so if your iem cables are 3.5mm not balanced then you are stuck with the single end output on both of the amps you are asking about.... the one with the red knob will have half the power out of the SE output than the one with the copper knob... so remember that also... The red knob amp has two mono amps out of XLR and the copper knob amp has a single amp servicing a headphone and only has a SE output but with more powerful amp stage.... so we know you are going to be working with the SE output on both amps... so the copper knob SE output is twice as powerful as the Red knob SE output in both high gain and low gain... I would think it will be impossible to volume match between the two so if you are doing an A/B with an iem via the SE output then the copper knob amp is going to sound better as your iems should scale easier and sound better simply due to power output differences... also with the volume knob having 100 steps you should notice that the iem/headphone will scale up more precise while the volume starts to rise... its kinda hard to explain scaling vs volume but you should be able to hear the headphone scale up in quality while the volume is being raised... with some amps not having this kind of stepped volume you can overshoot the power input to the headphone and the headphone loses control of the music because you end up over driving the drivers... the Burson Amps are very very good at what they do, you just need to figure out how to use it with a given set of iem/headphones...

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #19 of 31
for XLR balanced amps, a true balanced amp will have two separate mono type amps, one feeding the left and the other feeding the right side headphone driver... so with two mono amps the XLR has 2x the power of the SE (single ended)
depending on what IEM you plan on using for the demo of those amps I'd say low gain is pretty much where you want to start and if you have an iem match that would work perfectly... you might ask the dealer to let you demo the amps with one of their headphones to let you get the volume worked out for your iem demo... on another subject though... you mentioned the 3.5mm plug for your iems... XLR is balanced output and 3.5mm is single ended... so a 3.5mm single ended cable shares the ground wire and thats not a good idea with XLR balanced... you could end up doing damage to the amps with a 3.5mm adapter if you or the store had one for the XLR output... so if your iem cables are 3.5mm not balanced then you are stuck with the single end output on both of the amps you are asking about.... the one with the red knob will have half the power out of the SE output than the one with the copper knob... so remember that also... The red knob amp has two mono amps out of XLR and the copper knob amp has a single amp servicing a headphone and only has a SE output but with more powerful amp stage.... so we know you are going to be working with the SE output on both amps... so the copper knob SE output is twice as powerful as the Red knob SE output in both high gain and low gain... I would think it will be impossible to volume match between the two so if you are doing an A/B with an iem via the SE output then the copper knob amp is going to sound better as your iems should scale easier and sound better simply due to power output differences... also with the volume knob having 100 steps you should notice that the iem/headphone will scale up more precise while the volume starts to rise... its kinda hard to explain scaling vs volume but you should be able to hear the headphone scale up in quality while the volume is being raised... with some amps not having this kind of stepped volume you can overshoot the power input to the headphone and the headphone loses control of the music because you end up over driving the drivers... the Burson Amps are very very good at what they do, you just need to figure out how to use it with a given set of iem/headphones...
Well.. looks likely will purchase 3XGT
For 2.5/4.4 Iems I will buy adapters driving thru XLR. Looks like I have to buy a separate one connecting thru 6.35 for 3.5mm iems
Don’t mind if I can ask another question.. for what I heard, is it true that the 5v super charger can scale up the conductor up a notch, is there really a difference in SQ?

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #20 of 31
For 2.5/4.4 Iems I will buy adapters driving thru XLR. Looks like I have to buy a separate one connecting thru 6.35 for 3.5mm iems
Don’t mind if I can ask another question.. for what I heard, is it true that the 5v super charger can scale up the conductor up a notch, is there really a difference in SQ?
I have the supercharger and the original charger and I hear a small difference. However, I have not a/b extensively and some claim no difference

Just be careful on adaptors with your iems. The burson is super powerful - my campfire andromedas which are v sensitive needed the ifi iematch and then, they still only drive up to a volume level of 9 or 10 in low gain.

Apart from my hifiman headphones, most of my HP listening is done between 9-20 on low gain.

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #21 of 31
Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #22 of 31
@Pammie359321 I had the same question about the super charger as its not a cheap option.... but now that I have it I like it very much and I think it really depends on how resolving your iem/headphones are... some iem/headphones I don't think you could hear it but with a set with lots of resolution the super charger will help with keeping the back ground black and you can watch a couple youtube vids to give you a better idea....
but, I will mention I have no affiliation with the Bloom Audio store up front... I have only talked with them once on the phone to ask about the super charger...
when Burson first announced these amps they said the first 50 orders would come with the super charger and the nice red stands for free and the price would be knocked off by 20% as an introduction... Burson Audio themselves sold out of these first 50 units.... but Bloom Audio has at least one and maybe more of the original pre order special units because thats how I bought mine a couple weeks ago....
so I just went to their site to check before I sent this post out to make sure they still had it listed on the website... here is a copy/paste

BURSON AUDIO CONDUCTOR 3X GRAND TOURER | DESKTOP DAC AND AMP​

Limited Time Only: Get a Free Super Charger 5A and Cool Stand with Your Purchase!
$2,399.00

When I ordered it the checkout also gave me free shipping and they do not charge taxes .... so in the end with everything its about $1000 cheaper and you get all of the good stuff...
This amp is the cats meow..... I couldn't be happier with it... let us know how it goes...

edit to include the website : https://bloomaudio.com/products/bur...PlaSFHy7Ok20xmC599QNQt-BN6n4pPmBoC-HoQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #23 of 31
@Pammie359321 I had the same question about the super charger as its not a cheap option.... but now that I have it I like it very much and I think it really depends on how resolving your iem/headphones are... some iem/headphones I don't think you could hear it but with a set with lots of resolution the super charger will help with keeping the back ground black and you can watch a couple youtube vids to give you a better idea....
but, I will mention I have no affiliation with the Bloom Audio store up front... I have only talked with them once on the phone to ask about the super charger...
when Burson first announced these amps they said the first 50 orders would come with the super charger and the nice red stands for free and the price would be knocked off by 20% as an introduction... Burson Audio themselves sold out of these first 50 units.... but Bloom Audio has at least one and maybe more of the original pre order special units because thats how I bought mine a couple weeks ago....
so I just went to their site to check before I sent this post out to make sure they still had it listed on the website... here is a copy/paste

BURSON AUDIO CONDUCTOR 3X GRAND TOURER | DESKTOP DAC AND AMP​

Limited Time Only: Get a Free Super Charger 5A and Cool Stand with Your Purchase!
$2,399.00

When I ordered it the checkout also gave me free shipping and they do not charge taxes .... so in the end with everything its about $1000 cheaper and you get all of the good stuff...
This amp is the cats meow..... I couldn't be happier with it... let us know how it goes...

edit to include the website : https://bloomaudio.com/products/bur...PlaSFHy7Ok20xmC599QNQt-BN6n4pPmBoC-HoQAvD_BwE
Alright thanks.. does the free shipping include country like Singapore?

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #24 of 31
Alright thanks.. does the free shipping include country like Singapore?
I don't know how they handle that... but there is only one way to find out... you can put in the order and see if it offers free shipment to Singapore or at least see what it might cost..... I bought one of the Burson Playmate 2 from the Burson shop in Australia and they charged $55 us flat shipping ... if Bloom does the same thats not too bad for the discount and extra equipment....
I didn't know you are from Singapore... I got to live there for a year a few years back.... great great place... I lived on Orchard Road... its grown a lot since I was there last...

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #26 of 31
Finally.. managed to set it up after my overseas trips and isolation etc..
Sound absolute marvelous..😊

Attachments

• 596C8A33-E3A7-4778-B41C-98B69B740484.jpeg
    596C8A33-E3A7-4778-B41C-98B69B740484.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 12, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #29 of 31
funny you ask that.... I just completed my op amp roll yesterday.. :) I should mention to you though... what you will find out is the stock setup with the vivid op amp is actually very very well executed.... so after my op amp change out I liked the new sound but also appreciated how nice it sounded before I changed it out... if that makes sense...

I ended with swapped set of vivid (red) for the classic (orange) and put in a set of Sparkos SS2602 .... the amp uses all " dual " op amps ... if you look at the manual you can't tell exactly what op amp is associated with what circuit... look at the pics in the manual and you will see what I'm saying... so now look at the pics I posted here and it make the op amp rolling easier... there are many options so mine is just one... what mine did was put some more thickness into the sound... and took the edge off of the treble for my HE1000v2... it sounds very good... best of luck, its pretty easy once you get the cover off... just be careful not to scratch anything as the cover has sharp edges and you have to kinda walk it off the first time... oh... and the amp won't run if you don't put the lid back on first... I don't know how they pulled that off because I couldn't find anything that would make the amp know the lid was off... if you find out let us know...

Attachments

• burson conductor 3x op amps.jpg
    burson conductor 3x op amps.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #30 of 31
funny you ask that.... I just completed my op amp roll yesterday.. :) I should mention to you though... what you will find out is the stock setup with the vivid op amp is actually very very well executed.... so after my op amp change out I liked the new sound but also appreciated how nice it sounded before I changed it out... if that makes sense...

I ended with swapped set of vivid (red) for the classic (orange) and put in a set of Sparkos SS2602 .... the amp uses all " dual " op amps ... if you look at the manual you can't tell exactly what op amp is associated with what circuit... look at the pics in the manual and you will see what I'm saying... so now look at the pics I posted here and it make the op amp rolling easier... there are many options so mine is just one... what mine did was put some more thickness into the sound... and took the edge off of the treble for my HE1000v2... it sounds very good... best of luck, its pretty easy once you get the cover off... just be careful not to scratch anything as the cover has sharp edges and you have to kinda walk it off the first time... oh... and the amp won't run if you don't put the lid back on first... I don't know how they pulled that off because I couldn't find anything that would make the amp know the lid was off... if you find out let us know...
Understood! Just replace the ops in pairs in position1 or 2 or 3..
You definitely make it so easy.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back