New Flagships from Burson - Conductor 3/3X GT - Fully discrete Dual DAC, High Current 10W Headamp!
Aug 12, 2022 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

rmsanger

500+ Head-Fier
Didn't see an official thread for this...

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-3x-gt/

They are the 7th generation of our most iconic product.

Both are retailing at 2999USD

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.00.57 PM.png.jpeg

The Conductor 3/3X GT share the same DAC stage down to the I/V stage; Their DAC outputs sound identical. Both feature Roon Tested, DSD512 Xmos USB receiver and dual ESS9038 DAC.

From the L/P stage, they take on different design goals.

The Conductor 3X GT adopts a fully differential approach and optimizes for XLR balanced headphone listening. It delivers 10W into XLR and 5W into 6.5mm single-ended.

The Conductor 3 GT adopts the less-is-more approach and optimizes for single-ended headphones. As a result, there are fewer components on its signal path, and it uses higher power type transistors to handle an even higher idling current, delivering 10W into single-ended.

The Conductor 3X GT comes in a GT flair red accent. In contrast, the Conductor 3 GT has a brushed copper accent knob and buttons.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.01.21.png.jpeg

The Conductor 3X GT is shipping already and has a good number of happy reviews and owners out there.

According to Burson, the Conductor 3 GT starts shipping in Sept. Pre-order campaign starts soon.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 31
I currently run a Burson Timekeeper 3i that I love so I'm not necessarily looking to upgrade just yet, but these new offerings look pretty sweet, though! Burson makes some damn good stuff. The Tk3i is my third Burson amp or combo and probably won't be my last even though it's built well enough to be.

Aug 16, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 31
1660625124614.jpeg

Conductor 3GT Pre-order Starts Now​

We are introducing the Burson Conductor 3GT!​

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-3x-gt/

It is the 7th generation of our latest flagship, single-ended DAC/Headamp/Preamp all-in-one!

The Conductor 3GT shares the same dual ESS9038 DAC stage as the Conductor 3XGT, which Passion For Sound has described as "Insanely good!"

At the analogue amplification stage, the Conductor 3XGT optimises XLR headphone performance, whereas the Conductor 3GT optimises single-ended headphone listening with fewer active components and a higher working current!

Key Features:​

• Dual ESS9038 DAC with discrete output stages.
  • Xmos USB receiver with DSD512, PCM 32bit / 768khz and
  • Roon Tested.
  • BlueTooth with 192hz transfer. Aptx-HD, LDAC competitble
  • 10W@16ohm into single-ended headphones.
  • It uses our reference Vivid discrete opamps and Max Current Power Supply to achieve that incredible Burson house sound!
  • You can roll opamps to tune its sound further and push its performance even higher with a Burson Super Charger 5A
Pre-Order Starts now—shipping in September.

The first 50 pre-orders will receive a 20% off. The offer ends when these units run out or on the 31st of August, 2022.

Pre-order price:​

• 2399USD for the standard version
  • 2639USD for the deluxe version (it includes a Super Charger 5A and a Cool Stand valued at 500USD)

Here is how:​

Visit our shop page below, select one of the Conductor 3GT options, and then enter "C3GT20OFF" at the checkout.

Website Link: https://www.bursonaudio.com/product/conductor-3x-gt/
Ship from Mid September 2022.
MSRP: 2999USD + shipping

* Delivery in chronological order.
* You can cancel your order before it ships. Burson will refund the order via Paypal, less 5% transaction fee. (the part that we don’t get refunded by Paypal)
Copyright © 2022 Burson Audio, All rights reserved.
Thank you for visiting the Burson Audio from down under.

Our mailing address is:
Burson Audio
43 Heyington Av
Thomastown, VIC 3074
Australia

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 31
@rmsanger thanks for the post!

We want to thank everyone for the interest in our new flagship Conductors. The Pre-order for the 3 GT has started and we have already sold a good number of those 50 units. Both, the Conductor 3 GT and the 3X GT will be showcasing in the upcoming CanJam SoCal :)

-Team Burson

Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/
Aug 18, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 31
@rmsanger thanks for the post!

We want to thank everyone for the interest in our new flagship Conductors. The Pre-order for the 3 GT has started and we have already sold a good number of those 50 units. Both, the Conductor 3 GT and the 3X GT will be showcasing in the upcoming CanJam SoCal :)

-Team Burson

Lookin' forward to checkin' out the Burson table at CanJan SoCal for sure! It's the first time in a while I have been free to go to the CanJan in my own back yard. Normally I have to hope for my travel schedule to coincide with one of the jams hosted in another state. See you guys there!

Maybe I'll try out that Conductor and end up deciding I need another Burson...never say never right?

Aug 18, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 31
Funny coz I bought a Conductor 3x Reference 3 days ago from a local shop. Listened to it throughout the day and was quite happy with it. Was checking out stuff from Burson's website and saw the Conductor 3x Gt was out. Went back to the store the next day since it was right next to my hotel. Asked the owner bout the 3x Gt and in passing he thought he had one coming and was just waiting for delivery. Not 5 minutes his courier walked in and informed him that he had a shipment. I jokingly said that it might be the 3x Gt and he replied "it actually is". So I asked him if I could return the 3x Ref and he was ok with it. He told me to go back the next day since he needed to sort the shipment out and have it delivered to the store. Next day I got it and it was a pleasant surprise that it was the deluxe package, Supercharger and stand included. One happy camper here.

Aug 18, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 31
I asked Burson a few questions on this product/offer:

Is there a difference between the standard version and deluxe version other than deluxe includes super charger and cool stand?
Yes, the Deluxe version comes with extras such as the supercharger and the cool stand. The Standard version comes with the traditional power supply and no cool stand.

To further clarify, the amp is exactly the same. The only difference is the extras.

Are you also giving people the option to opt for silver accents if they don't prefer the red/copper?
Good question, let me confirm with production

Can you confirm if the conductor 3x GT has an xlr connector or is it only 1/4 inch connections?
Yes, the 3X GT is the XLR version of the conductor, it has both: XLR and SE (1/4) it outputs more power on XLR. On the other hand, the 3 GT is the non balanced version, it has two 1/4 connections and it has been optimized for Single ended headphones.

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #13 of 31
Omg..That’s a major drawback 🤦🏼
Nevertheless will head down to my local retailer for a listening test.. who’s knows
why is that a drawback... most use for this amp is with full size headphones.. if you are planning on using this amp with IEM with 3.5mm then I would suggest you go with one of the other Burson Amps as the 3X GT or 3GT would be over kill for the amount of power they put out.... but it is doable... most of the time when you are hooked up to the USB input to an Amp you adjust the digital output at 100% so the amp is properly being driven.... with these particular amps at 10watts you could easily do damage to an IEM or worse your ears.... so the only way to work in a set of IEM is to turn the digital volume down so that the input to the amp is lowered in power to protect the IEM/ears... hope this makes sense... you can also opt into one of the other Burson Amps that don't have so much power... or purchase an IEM match cable as one more solution... the difference between the amps you are asking about is one is XLR balanced and the other is SE.... but the SE version delivers the 10watts thru the SE connector and the X version delivers the 10 watts thru the XLR balanced connector... the SE output on the X version is 1/2 the power ... so the X version versus the SE version use different components to get to the 10 watts... some people don't have balanced cables for their headphones but may still need the 10 watts from a SE connector...

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #14 of 31
why is that a drawback... most use for this amp is with full size headphones.. if you are planning on using this amp with IEM with 3.5mm then I would suggest you go with one of the other Burson Amps as the 3X GT or 3GT would be over kill for the amount of power they put out.... but it is doable... most of the time when you are hooked up to the USB input to an Amp you adjust the digital output at 100% so the amp is properly being driven.... with these particular amps at 10watts you could easily do damage to an IEM or worse your ears.... so the only way to work in a set of IEM is to turn the digital volume down so that the input to the amp is lowered in power to protect the IEM/ears... hope this makes sense... you can also opt into one of the other Burson Amps that don't have so much power... or purchase an IEM match cable as one more solution... the difference between the amps you are asking about is one is XLR balanced and the other is SE.... but the SE version delivers the 10watts thru the SE connector and the X version delivers the 10 watts thru the XLR balanced connector... the SE output on the X version is 1/2 the power ... so the X version versus the SE version use different components to get to the 10 watts... some people don't have balanced cables for their headphones but may still need the 10 watts from a SE connector...
Thank u for your explanation.
The reason I’m saying that is not because of conductors driving capability but because I have lots of iems and at the same time planning to invade into headphones… so I would need a dac/amp which has lots of connection options, so it’s a drawback at least for me

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #15 of 31
Thank u for your explanation.
The reason I’m saying that is not because of conductors driving capability but because I have lots of iems and at the same time planning to invade into headphones… so I would need a dac/amp which has lots of connection options, so it’s a drawback at least for me

The burson is a great amp but like others have said, it’s got lots of power and is for harder to drive headphones really. You could get all the connections you need off a less powerful / less pricey unit.

For what it’s worth, I have an iematch for my iems which I use from time to time with the burson and it works great. I much prefer HP listening with this unit so I don’t use it that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back