New FiiO X3 owner with some basic questions
Nov 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Willieboy

100+ Head-Fier
As the title said, I received a new X3 today and Man, am I confused.  I hope someone can answer a few questions.

I have installed a 64GB card.  The X3 though, says there is no space available on it. 

Does anybody know how to initiate the FW update.  I have the download on the SD card.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 5
The folder downloaded contains several files.  I think they are all part of the upgrade.  That said though, I have tried upgrading using only the FW file and the whole folder.  I have doe this at least a dozed times and no matter what I include, the X3 says it cannot find the file.  Another forum member is experiencing the ame problem.  Frustrating!

Nov 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 5
You need to make sure a 64bit card is formatted to fat32 so the unit can see it. Fiio has a utility to do that if you cannot do it already. As far as the firmware extract the .fw file only and place that on your formatted SD card. The other files are dac drivers and manuals.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 5
I had the same problem of my X3 running the old firmware and my SD cards were not recognised by the X3 even though I used my Win 7 based PC to format the cards in fat32 etc.  I then used my Mac running Mavericks OS to format in fat32 using the disk utility and it works.  Seriously what in hell is wrong with Windows? And here I was wondering why you would need a utility to format in something as basic as fat32..........Needless to say, after that the SD card was recognised and the firmware was upgraded as per the instructions.  I had to format the rest of my cards  with my Mac before they were recognised by the X3 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back