(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Apr 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #751 of 1,334
  yes, most of IEMs on it won't pass the half volume mark at low gain. Even Havi B3 Pro 1 won't pass that mark. So, there's a "gain and a half" to use on more power ungry stuff.

E12A has a bit of "nasal" sound. Guess it should be the MUSES02...It's a very peculiar and unique sound. But I actually like it very much!

with my dj one pro, i cannot pass half on low gain, it is rated 64ohm...

That amazing sound!

Now, only if i could fiind a way to stop my equipemnt from clipping, static-radio-between-stations like on albums that have lots of clipping, like metallica-death magnetic.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #756 of 1,334
into usb computer or desktop wall charger?  
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #761 of 1,334
  It's written in the "instructions" paper with various languages that comes inside the box of E12A.

in the manual it is written "please turn off before charging"

so i am supposed to not use it while it is charging.

How do all of you carry a stack with e12a around? I fiind it very hard to carry a stack around, it pushes buttons on my x5.

I have no ideea how to carry it the right way.

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #762 of 1,334
  in the manual it is written "please turn off before charging"

so i am supposed to not use it while it is charging.

How do all of you carry a stack with e12a around? I fiind it very hard to carry a stack around, it pushes buttons on my x5.

I have no ideea how to carry it the right way.

What I have found to work best for me is to bring your X5 and E12 or E12A with the stacking kit to Best Buy (or a similar type store) and look for the smallest camera bag that will hold the DAP and amp and make sure that it has a loop on the back for our belt. Look for the bag to have two zippers for the main compartment that you'll carry the DAP and amp in, this way you can unzip just the top to have access to the headphone output and the volume control on the amp. Amazon has a ton of bags like this, but you may have to try a few before you find the one that works best for you. 

I recently bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUGZEWK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   (I remove the shoulder strap)

The size of the bag is perfect, BUT I didn't realize that it only had one zipper which means that once you open the bag to plug in your headphones the top and side of the bag are left unzipped (the zipper doesn't go all the way down the side which is good). I doubt that the opening is big enough for the stack to fall out, but it would be better if the compartment had two zippers for a smaller opening only at the top. At this point, I have a few bags that I use and carrying the smallish bag (outside measurements of 5.75" X 4" and 2" deep) on or near my hip has worked great. It's easy to lift the gear out if needed, easy to make adjustments while in the bag and most of these types of camera bags also have room to store your IEM's. I've read that at times these type of bags vary in size just a bit so it's always best if you can try one in person.

I'm sure that there are other ways to carry your stack, but I prefer this way as I'm not running the risk of sitting on the gear or putting too much pressure on it and thus far its worked great for me. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #763 of 1,334
Has anybody asked fiio about playing while charging, and if the amp is going to last better if used while charging, or it is better to charge and discharge while using?

I would think the bigger concern would be noise from charging while playing. I am sure the sq will be best when running off the battery. Besides, it's a great portable amp, charging it makes it an OK desktop amp:)

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #764 of 1,334

What I have found to work best for me is to bring your X5 and E12 or E12A with the stacking kit to Best Buy (or a similar type store) and look for the smallest camera bag that will hold the DAP and amp and make sure that it has a loop on the back for our belt. Look for the bag to have two zippers for the main compartment that you'll carry the DAP and amp in, this way you can unzip just the top to have access to the headphone output and the volume control on the amp. Amazon has a ton of bags like this, but you may have to try a few before you find the one that works best for you. 

I recently bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUGZEWK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   (I remove the shoulder strap)

The size of the bag is perfect, BUT I didn't realize that it only had one zipper which means that once you open the bag to plug in your headphones the top and side of the bag are left unzipped (the zipper doesn't go all the way down the side which is good). I doubt that the opening is big enough for the stack to fall out, but it would be better if the compartment had two zippers for a smaller opening only at the top. At this point, I have a few bags that I use and carrying the smallish bag (outside measurements of 5.75" X 4" and 2" deep) on or near my hip has worked great. It's easy to lift the gear out if needed, easy to make adjustments while in the bag and most of these types of camera bags also have room to store your IEM's. I've read that at times these type of bags vary in size just a bit so it's always best if you can try one in person.

I'm sure that there are other ways to carry your stack, but I prefer this way as I'm not running the risk of sitting on the gear or putting too much pressure on it and thus far its worked great for me. 

Great tip-thanks. Waiting for my amp to arrive to pair with my X3 and either the RE-600s or PM-3.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #765 of 1,334
I would think the bigger concern would be noise from charging while playing. I am sure the sq will be best when running off the battery. Besides, it's a great portable amp, charging it makes it an OK desktop amp:)

I cannot use it portable yet, so i am using it only desktop, and it is the finest desktop amp i could get my hands for this price.

i cannot use it portable because i am yet to buy something to keep it in, how it is right now, i cannot keep it in the jacket pocket.

i had zero noise when using while charging, but i am the type that has zero bias thinking about sound, and if something is not audible i do not hear it.

E12a improoves sound a LOT, not a little, and i can clearly hear it, but i can hear zero noise when using while charging, but if the manual states that it is better not used while charging, i am fine this way too.

i am still trying to fiind a good thing to carry it in, around where i live, as i cannot buy anything from outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back