(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Oct 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #32 of 1,334
  Hi, anyone have compared this to the cayin c5 i read the c5 is one of those hidden jewels :p

Since this set-up just hit the streets outside of the E12DIY combinations, you might get a better answer from the E12DIY crowd. Too soon to compare apples and oranges.

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #34 of 1,334
Hi everyone,

I've got a pair of ortofon e-q5's for travel, and use my sony xperia z1 for music (flac + 320 only).

I notice that straight out of my phone, there is some hiss. I also need to turn up the volume a fair bit on the phone to get to a desirable level of listening.

I was wondering whether this product would benefit these issues plaguing my current set-up. Would these issues be solved, and on a more fundamental level, is this product compatible with phone use?

Appreciate your responses.

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #35 of 1,334
it would be compatible, but without a line out, which bypasses the internal phone amp, you are basically double amping a bad signal, so the hiss may still be there.

Oct 18, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #37 of 1,334
Absolutely LE...for the sake of sales and marketing. Until it's not...lol

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #38 of 1,334
it would be compatible, but without a line out, which bypasses the internal phone amp, you are basically double amping a bad signal, so the hiss may still be there.

hmmm... I'm not very good with these technical aspects (as I generally just use my ears to test things), but looking online, it appears my phone supports usb OTG, with people saying they use their dac/amp combo through USB. Does this still fail to bypass the internal dac/amp?

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #40 of 1,334
@punish USB OTG would bypass both the internal DAC and amp, but the E12A is just an amp.

@lookingforIEMs the E12A is on for sale at store.treoo.com and also their stores, but im not too sure whether they have demo units. Btw, i also found out the overcharge quite a bit on some products, so be careful

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #41 of 1,334
@punish USB OTG would bypass both the internal DAC and amp, but the E12A is just an amp.

@lookingforIEMs the E12A is on for sale at store.treoo.com and also their stores, but im not too sure whether they have demo units. Btw, i also found out the overcharge quite a bit on some products, so be careful

I don't think I'll ever buy from them haha... overpriced... worse than Jaben IMO. I'd rather buy from E1.. Usually they're not too overpriced. Or I try buy from distro shop

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #42 of 1,334
I don't think I'll ever buy from them haha... overpriced... worse than Jaben IMO. I'd rather buy from E1.. Usually they're not too overpriced. Or I try buy from distro shop

I cannot believe Jaben sells the bravo audio ocean for SGD $239.

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #44 of 1,334
Ikr

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #45 of 1,334
  Hi, anyone have compared this to the cayin c5 i read the c5 is one of those hidden jewels :p

I will, very soon
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back