(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Feb 15, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #410 of 1,334
The e12a is a bit special when used with IEM's, im hearing detail and clarity that has been taken to the next level over the x5. Fiio may revise the bass boost in the e12a, and change it for the worse, as they did in the standard e12.

So id buy it now, I really like the
sound of this amp, it just keeps growing on me, there is an obvious difference from the standalone x5.
I could pick it blindfolded easy. with a silver interconnect, (not the stock rubbish cable thats in the box, don't use it, it kills the fine details.)

I can't give you a comparison on the idsd, haven't used one, although it's a dac/Amp and doesn't look very mobile/portable, or pocket able.

But this also depends what you want from your amp. Different horses for Different courses.

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #411 of 1,334
^ i had the damn vague feeling that the stock cooper cable didn't do the job well. I have let the unit burning for 20 hours, i haven't listened to it during this time. Any suggestions for how long i should have it burning?

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #412 of 1,334
I think at least 100hr at minimum to 200hr at job nearly done, and used at moderate amount of output volume.

This should help all the capacitors get brought up to there intended design output.

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #413 of 1,334
^ i had the damn vague feeling that the stock cooper cable didn't do the job well. I have let the unit burning for 20 hours, i haven't listened to it during this time. Any suggestions for how long i should have it burning?

Interesting measurements from TheoS53: LINK.

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #414 of 1,334
^ i have seen but i don't believe much. I can tell clearly the different on my Silver cable for JH13 over my stock cooper cable

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #415 of 1,334
There is more going on than that test can possibly perceive, it's possible the test is accurate, it's just that the changes don't affect the tests boundries. However our ears can detect the changes, it's Like a muddy sounding cable, once used to the quality.

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #416 of 1,334
There is more going on than that test can possibly perceive, it's possible the test is accurate, it's just that the changes don't affect the tests boundries. However our ears can detect the changes, it's Like a muddy sounding cable, once used to the quality.

I don't think people realise just how limited our senses are. Testing equipment can measure things way, waaaaaay past our abilities and to a much finer scale than we could ever hope to achieve.

Our brains can be really weird, it sometimes assumes something which is totally incorrect. Here's a great vid to show just how easily it is fooled:

I've tested another pair of cables, and again I didn't see any difference whatsoever 

But, as I said, I've only been able to test a few cables...so while my results do suggest that there is no difference, it doesn't unequivocally prove it.

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #417 of 1,334
Optical illusions are very different, the hand is faster than the eye,as the saying goes.
If you haven't changed all the cables then there will be no noticeable difference, and the main cable probably needs to be top quality.
It's a weakest link thing. But if you still don't hear it, don't sweat it out, you just saved a heap of cash.

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #419 of 1,334
Optical illusions are very different, the hand is faster than the eye,as the saying goes.
If you haven't changed all the cables then there will be no noticeable difference, and the main cable probably needs to be top quality.
It's a weakest link thing. But if you still don't hear it, don't sweat it out, you just saved a heap of cash.

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Well the vid isn't a slight of hand illusion, it's a genuine brain failure :-D 

The same effect can be done in Photoshop (usually to illustrate to photographers that they shouldn't trust their own eyes instead of properly calibrating the monitor and using a grey card)

Didn't mean to start a sound science argument, guys. Just thought you might find it interesting.

beerchug.gif

No arguments, a civilized discussion so far 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back