New etymotic phones!!!!
Jul 1, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #46 of 101
WOOHOO! Some earbuds to replace these Sony's for my iPod! Thanks for the update Ety man
wink.gif

BTW, if it's allowed, may I ask what the suggest MSRP on these will be when they're released in July? I'm saving my pennies as we speak
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #47 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthPaW1227
WOOHOO! Some earbuds to replace these Sony's for my iPod! Thanks for the update Ety man
wink.gif

BTW, if it's allowed, may I ask what the suggest MSRP on these will be when they're released in July? I'm saving my pennies as we speak
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

The 6i will have an MSRP of $149 while the ER-6 has an MSRP of $139.

Jul 1, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #48 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_wilson
The ER-6i is more than a white ER-6. We used a different transducer than the normal ER-6 and increased the sensitivity and lowered the impedance. The extra sensitiivity and low frequency output will be usefull for many low powered players.

There have been some tooling changes which allowed us to skip the metal bushing for the sound output. The smaller sized tube requires different eartips, but will fit more comfortably in smaller ears. The ER-6i will also use a strain relief to help reduce cable breakage at the transducer.

That's enough of a difference that it may have been less confusing just to give it a completely different name, like er5i.

The smaller sound tube is a good thing, as that's one of the points that pushed me into getting the E3c instead of ER6 a couple of months ago.

Will the ER4 sleeves fit the er6i?

Jul 12, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #51 of 101
Aww, they're so ugly they're cute. Well, Headroom has my order already so whenver they get them, I'll have them a few days later. I wonder how these will shape up in the ety family for portable use? I can't wait to find out.
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #52 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Aww, they're so ugly they're cute. Well, Headroom has my order already so whenver they get them, I'll have them a few days later. I wonder how these will shape up in the ety family for portable use? I can't wait to find out.
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif

They're already selling them?

Jul 12, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #53 of 101
Not yet, but Jamey knew of them and was expecting a shipment at the end of this month, and they accepted my pre-order by email. I'll get their second pair. The first pair goes to Jamey.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #54 of 101
I think I may get these. Hopefully people don't think I have an iPod though.

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #55 of 101
I might get these too. Looks like they'll be better than the ER6 unamped. The only problem is the increase in mugging factor associated with white headphones
frown.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #57 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by traficante
I see these come with triple flange tips. Hoping tips similar to the Shure grey or at least the clear tips will be available.

If the size of the bore is the same as they are on ER-4 (should be, since it looks like they're sharing ER-4's tri-flange), then you can easily purchase Shure's tips and try them out with them. The bore size are all about the same.

Jul 15, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #59 of 101
whoa is it me or did i just read a direct response from the Ety's rep in this thread? that's very responsive, considering Etys are DEFINITELY not DIY level. Kudos for Head-Fi for providing a rational atmosphere where manufacturers would find it worth their time to gather and give feedback directly from/to the consumer. just my 2 cents - yep it would have been cute to have called them ipuds or something, instead of a derivation in standard nomenclature.

Jul 26, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #60 of 101
can't wait too see this! even though i just ordered er6's...but that's what return policy's are for right?
biggrin.gif
Well, when they do end up coming out i wanna see how well these sound compared to the er6, and just what kind of difference there is. bad timing for that order though...:\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back