New Ety owner here- I'm sold!!!
Jan 8, 2007 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jeffbear

New Head-Fier
Well I took the plung and am now in the world of the audiophile! I bought some ER-4P's to step up from my sony EX-51's and I have got to say, man you all are not joking when you talk about detail and the fact that the jump from a 40 dollar earphone to a reference level IEM is huge! I found myself re-recording all of my music in losses format just so I could get every bit out of the music! I love these things, but my wife is hating the other disease I have caught...something called upgradeitis, yeah now I have a LDM+ on order(should be here this week) and I have switch over to the line out on my iPod! So thanks all for helping me with the Ety decission and I will be frequenting the forums aften from now on!

oh can a crossfeed circuit be made as a project like in a radioshack box or something? I have found some designs online I was just wondering if anyone knows of a crossover seperate from the amp. Thanks all!

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 5
Too bad you didn't keep an eye on the F.S. amps page - you might have found a Xin (he has switches or jumpers on them particularly useful to your Ety ER4P - impedence[turns Ety into S version, Crossfeed, and a good bassboost [among others]). Xin loves Ety's. FYI, Jan Meier also includes crossfeed on his amps.. .........Jan used to offer boards for DIY crossfeed, but I seriously doubt he has them anymore. Forget the Rat Shack idea - NO.

Jan 8, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 5
I used a LDM+ for a few days to evaluate the sound Q using my iriver/ety combination and have to say i was pretty disappointed with the hiss and crackle/pop from the pot as you turned the volume knob not to mention the poorer sound quality i recognised after a few hours listening to fav tracks. I let a friend with 25yrs+ of sound engineering in the BBC have a listen to his favourite recording of "Haydn - Symphonies # 96 + 102" and he immediately noticed the hiss from the LDM+ and much prefered the ety's direct from the headphone jack of the iriver , If all you're wanting is increased volume then i'm sure you'll be happy but the LDM+ & ety combination is a poor match sonically.

Either a Ray Samuels Tomahawk or a Xin Supermacro would be a perfect match but at a price, and as you've just bought the ety's i imagine you'll find it hard to justify the extra cost, don't worry about an amp just now.........just enjoy the ety's.

I bought my ety's over two years ago and it's only in the past month i've got round to getting an amp to drive them, i'm glad i did though!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Congrats! Don't worry too much about the amp. The ER4P sound incredible on its own
biggrin.gif

Never tried the Xin bassboost with the ER4P, but I imagine it works wonders if you find the ER4P bass deficient at all. I did have a go using the Xin bassboost (Supermacro-3) with a pair of K701, HF-1, E500 and found it amazingly effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back