New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014!
Nov 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #62 of 117
I would love to make up there, but I'm not 100% yet.  Gotta get it by the wife first.  With a 12 week old baby at home, leaving her alone on a weekend day is tantamount to treason.  Maybe I can convince her to come with me and do some Christmas shopping for a couple hours.  If I can make it I'll bring this setup.

Audeze LCD-X
with Forza Audio Works Noir HPC MK2 balanced- if it comes in time.
Decware Zen Taboo MKIII
Olive One music server

I have to say that headphone listening is secondary to my speaker setup, so while it's cool to see and hear all the headphone gear that people will bring, I'm more excited to see what the store has to offer.

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #63 of 117
What time will this begin? I'll be coming in the morning with the Havi B3 and the Topping NX1 amp. I'd like to spend some time there in the morning, then head over to NE Comic Con.

By the way, for classic/punk rock fans, Marky Ramone, former drummer of the Ramones, will be at NE Comic Con, and admission is only $20 at the door ($15 online). I'll be spending the morning at the meet, eating at the Chinese Buffet down the road, then spending the rest of the day at NE Comic Con. A great nerdy way to spend the day.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #65 of 117
First ever meet for me. Wife and daughters always enjoy the Nashua Mall, and the ladies are among the World's Greatest Shoppers. I'm coming from the middle of MA, so drive is only about 1.5 hours. I doubt that anyone is interested in my gear, as I'm a listener, with mostly aged tastes. Main cans are Senny HD-540 Ref 1(600 ohm), usually plugged into an Audioengine D1 while at my computer. I'll be happy just checking out a real Audio store, and wandering around looking at gear that I can't hope to afford. At my age (advanced), survival is the primary goal. Anyway, from what I've seen and heard, a convivial way to spend a few hours, meet a few like-minded people, and hear some of the equipment that I can save up to enjoy.

Harry

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #66 of 117
All,

Thanks fort all your posts - we're getting close now!

Here is my roll call so far.  Please PM me to let me know if I've made any mistakes, or missed anyone:

COMING TO THE MEET LIST

Zach915m
pmwoodward
avas69
MSTNH
ri_toast
skullguise
rydenfan
Folex
TooPoor
decur
TRapz
duff138
harry015
Vinnie R.
Lionverse
Richsvt
fac

MAYBE COMING TO THE MEET LIST

luisdent
TimSchirmer
Arty McGhee
mrspeakers
strid3r
Mshenay
lshcabible
drew8mc

As far as the gear you are bringing - please don't be concerned if it's "good enough" --- it is ALL good.  Just bring what you have, and we'll be there to HAVE FUN.  

FidelisAV is a great store and this will be a good time for everyone!

Looking forward to it!

Vinnie

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #69 of 117
Unless something happens between now and then, I will definitely be coming to the meet. Looking forward to it...trying to burn in my HE-400i as fast as I can to get it ready...

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #70 of 117
I'll be coming as well - I have already confirmed with "the powers that be" :).  This will be my first head-fi meet.  I'll be bringing my ZMF V1, Aurisonics Rockets (with unused tips) and vintage Sennheiser HD540 (600 ohm), along with my laptop, LH Geek Out 450 and external hard drive full of tunes from DSD128 down to 128kbps MP3's :).

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #74 of 117
When I say 'burn in' I mean to my ears. I don't really believe the whole burn in thing anyway. I am trying to get used the sound and its nuances as compared to my dynamics...

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #75 of 117
I did not know about planars and not burning in effect on them. Is that due to the magnet configuration? So, here I am playing both sides, not believing and talking about the effects...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back