New Ebay CMoy - UK
May 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 32
Really interested in one of these for my sr325i's. I find my Solo SRG a little bright so maybe this would help.

May 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #17 of 32
I love my Solo with my 325i's... how long have you used them both? I only ask because out of the box my 325i's almost made my ears bleed with any amp.

The amp at the start of this thread is a fine amp but won't compare with the Solo especially the PSU1.

May 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #18 of 32
I bought the sr325i's second hand, i've since put maybe 80 hours on them. The solo has a few hundred hours on it (just the intro maybe I need to upgrade to psu1). The solo has amazing sysnergie with my hd650's but i just can't get used to it with the 325i's. I notice you have a couple of Denon's. I have a ah-d5000 on its way (arriving tomorrow!!). How do you find the Denon's with the solo?

May 12, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #19 of 32
Absolutely astounding!

I've had the D2K's for ages and really love them, they never put a foot wrong. there is a definate synergie with the Solo, even with the standard PSU which is how I've listened to them untill recently. I ordered the D7K's and thought I'd benefit from the PSU1 upgrade but that came next day and the D7K's came about 3-4 weeks later (from US). This meant I had loads of time with the D2K's and the PSU1 and the difference is amazing, I never thought a PSU could make any difference at all but having a critical ear, everything is cleaner, fuller and background (quiet spots) are black, HD if you like...

The 7k's are a huge step up even from the brilliant 2k's, the only problem is you want to keep listening. I've had some really late listening sessions lately.

May 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #20 of 32
Fantastic, was worried there might be a mismatch between the denon's and the solo. Think i need to buy the PSU 1 ASAP. Can't wait for the 5000's to arrive.

Where did you buy the 7000 from in the US if you don't mind my asking. I had a look at them recently but could not find a good site that would ship them to the uk at discounted prices.

May 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #21 of 32
No mismatch so don't worry, even with the standard PSU they shine.

Got the D7K's off a fellow head-Fier who couldn't take to them (he's still searching for the perfect phones). They had about 20 hours on them so practically new. They are an absolute work of art and I can't ever see me upgrading to anything else.

Hope you like the D5K's, the D2K's are brilliant so they should blow you away. How much have you seen the PSU1 for? I may be able to save you a little....

May 12, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone started organising a meet but it's lost a little momentum, maybe someone would like to pick up the baton?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/uk...2009-a-348887/

It's look like there is going to be a meet in Durham, you can see more detail in this topic:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/uk...e-meet-419420/

I hope Neco will have more different amps in the future, seems promising.
His MOSFET sure looks great as well!
popcorn.gif

May 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #23 of 32
I just got my portable cmoy - the smaller model than in the OP. Wow, straight out of the box I'm really impressed. It really is a lot better than the quite standard cmoy that it's replacing, and with the same opamp. The old one was nice enough but comparatively veiled, warmer, imparting less information, a little less width and precision of soundstage (not much but noticeable). The new one really suits my DT990 pros much more, and the quality gap between them and my modded portapros is much clearer, compression artifacts are also much clearer though.

I can only compare it to the one it's replacing, so please take my comments in this context.

Thanks for mentioning this one SpudHarris, I'm really happy.

May 13, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #24 of 32
Oooh, those Denons look nice, don't get me started...

Can't make the north east meet unfortunately, though I will be in the area at the time I'll be riding...

Might look in to doing something at my place Septemberish...

May 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my portable cmoy - the smaller model than in the OP. Wow, straight out of the box I'm really impressed. It really is a lot better than the quite standard cmoy that it's replacing, and with the same opamp. The old one was nice enough but comparatively veiled, warmer, imparting less information, a little less width and precision of soundstage (not much but noticeable). The new one really suits my DT990 pros much more, and the quality gap between them and my modded portapros is much clearer, compression artifacts are also much clearer though.

I can only compare it to the one it's replacing, so please take my comments in this context.

Thanks for mentioning this one SpudHarris, I'm really happy.

No worries, I don't think anyone would be disapointed. Like I said it doesn't sound like your every day Cmoy, it's much more than that.
smile.gif

May 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #26 of 32
Think the best price I have seen the PSU 1 is 159.00.

Also just trying my new Denon D5000's while home for lunch. Wow!! They sound incredible, already impressed and thats them straight out of the box. I'll leave them on for a couple of days to burn in but can already tell im going to love them.

May 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billybob79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think the best price I have seen the PSU 1 is 159.00.

Also just trying my new Denon D5000's while home for lunch. Wow!! They sound incredible, already impressed and thats them straight out of the box. I'll leave them on for a couple of days to burn in but can already tell im going to love them.

Nice one! I left my D7K's with the radio on (white noise) for about 150 hrs with breaks of an hour every 8-10 hours and they have just matured into the most amazing headphones I have ever heard but the problem is I want to keep listening all the time
tongue_smile.gif

Think I could get you one for a little less. PM me if interested.....

May 15, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #28 of 32
I also have one of the neco soundlabs cmoy amps and I am very happy with it. It is presently powering my Koss Pro4AAT and Pioneer SE-A1000 headphones. While I have toyed with the idea of replacing the internal 2xOPA134 with something else I haven't really gotten that far. Quite possibly will by a second unit that will then be used for experimentation when I do get around to that.

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #29 of 32
I have one of the smaller versions too. The PO swapped out the original OPA2134 with LM355. Very punchy and authoritative little amp with more gain than I need for any of my current phones. I plan on trying AD8620 one of these days.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #30 of 32
Sorry for bumping this thread again. I just bought the same Cmoy from Neco. Stunning quality and excellent service & communication. It sounds so good that I have to send it bk to upgrade to the AD8620 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back