New DEVO album out fall 2009! Sweeeet!
Mar 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

wovenhand

1000+ Head-Fier
Yay! First new full album since Smooth Noodle Maps (which was released ~19 years ago..).
I really like the "Watch Us Work It" single that came out '07 - sounded much more vibrant than I had anticipated, so I'm having high hopes for the album.

Mar 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 11
This spud shall celebrate the occasion by wearing his vintage authentic fan club-edition yellow radiation suit.
icon14.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 11
I had no idea they were still around. Is it the original lineup? It would be awesome if Eno were involved! Will there be a tour?

(By the way: stay far, far away from the Disney "Devo for kids" album!)

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no idea they were still around. Is it the original lineup? It would be awesome if Eno were involved! Will there be a tour?

I'm 99% sure it's the original line-up but with Josh Freese (who's been their live drummer for quite some time now) on drums. No mention of Eno... I doubt he'll produce it though. They seemed pretty happy with the result their collaboration with Teddybears yielded on the Watch Us Work It single, so my guess is they'll produce the album as well.
Tour - I would suspect so.
smile.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #10 of 11
Alas, the new Devo album has been pushed back to 2010, but that doesn't mean devoted spuds can't enjoy some of Devo's new material. Here's a track called Don't Shoot... I'm A Man. It was posted on YouTube several months ago, so some folks here may have already seen it. I like it... sounds like something from the New Traditionalists/Oh No It's Devo era.

YouTube - DEVO - Don't Shoot (I'm a man)

Sep 17, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #11 of 11
Just announced; DEVO is going on tour! I don't recall all the places but so far they seem to be hitting the larger cities. They are playing back to back nights with Q: Are We Not Men. A: We Are Devo in it's entirety the first night and Freedom of Choice the second night. I thought I'd never get to see one of my all-time favourite bands but I'll be jerkin back and forth in Seattle in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back