New Desktop DAC/amp from IMS
Feb 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #16 of 28
Thanks. I'll clarify that with him - I thought he was continuing with the Savi.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 28
Hi Folks I hope you don't mind hopping in here and answering the DAC question. Most DAC circuits use in fact two DAC PCM5102A as the Slave. The SA9227 is the critical device here as far as bandwidth and resolution.

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 28
Doh - Martin I should have guessed that. You have different circuitry for phono vs standard - right?

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #20 of 28
Thank you Paul and Martin both, and for the review Paul. If I had the scratch, I would probably be in line already. Your reviews help me live vicariously Paul. Thanks and cheers.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #21 of 28
Hey!!!  Here's that thread I was wondering about!

I'm a giant fan of the Martin IMS tube sound....  Amazing value for such an improvement in the sound...

I honestly can't listen without out it anymore.

I keep tellin' people this desktop amp and the HVA vII...

Is there a thread for the HVA vII as well?  Found the HVA original thread.

Are there any trade in programs available?

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #22 of 28
You know I have tried to share this sound with others, but the main barrier has been the inability to hook it up to a phone.  

Which is why I think the new version of the HVA is so important.  

I take the HVA to school with me every day, and the looks draw others' attention if I bring it out, but they can't just hook it up to their phones and give a listen...

I'm really excited for you and your new model, cuz I think it will really allow a lot of people to more easily enjoy it...  And there are a ton of audio listeners who only use their phones, but if they could use this as a DAC connection with their phone...  You have quite a product then for that price.

I'm really excited, cuz I think it breaks through an important barrier.  I've talked to a few people about it and the option to use their phone with it is Big for them, even if they do have a dedicated audio player/DAP...  It's a really nice and almost necessary feature for practicality and usability IMO as well as an ease for letting others have a try at something like this.

It really is a beautiful sound, but the original version didn't work around the user as much and made the user work around it more... 

I am truly enjoying the sound and honestly anything else feels like it is lacking.  I tried out the Mojo, and the DAP's I have tried on their own (onkyo, fiio x5iii, pioneer, AK70, and even higher quality DAPs) don't match what this sound offers and are missing something essential IMO.  

I'm really excited for you Martin, and theses new an upcoming releases cuz I think they offer something really unique and special for audio enthusiasts in general and at any price point.  

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #23 of 28
Considering the logo etc. it looks like a Bertling watch.
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #24 of 28
Hello i've been looking around if I could find any info about the IMS HVA and I couldn't find much, but this amp has caught my attention. I was just wondering if anybody could compare it sound wise to the Oppo Ha2-Se or Alo Rx. The power of the amp is not really a concern as i'll be using it for iems and headphones that have no more than 40ohms. Detail retrieval is a big plus for me. And wheres the info of the version 2?

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #25 of 28
Hello Brooko,

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Could you please guide me how I could order this amp for me. In the kickstarter page I do not see any option to order or back the project now. I did send an email to Martin through IMS site, but have not heard back yet. it will be really great if you could guide me.

Also can this DAC be used with Android phone ?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #26 of 28
from where can you buy this and the portable one, on his site there is no store to buy from

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #27 of 28
I’ll ask and get back to you

Jan 11, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #28 of 28
from where can you buy this and the portable one, on his site there is no store to buy from
Hi @Sound Eq,
Kind of old thread, you likely realized that it's now possible to order the amps on the ims site. Not much idea about the availability though; the second KS campaign ended in Q1 2017 and, after the reading of the comments there, it appears that most backers are still waiting for the amps to be shipped. Among the few who received one, comments suggest that faulty units can be shipped despite the final testing.

Anyway, @Brooko thanks for the review of the prototype desktop version; other comments on the web site are probably about the portable one.
The desktop amp looks like a nice piece of work allowing to use headphones as well as passive/active speakers. This with a large choice for the input. The small footprint is also a very positive point.
As for the specs, going through the comments/updates on KS do not confirm that the cover is made with gorilla glass, probably a more common acrylic cover.
Looking forward to seeing reviews about the final desktop version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back