New Dap on the block, is it any good?
Mar 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 15
Vosonic.

That taught me to use the preview button.
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 15
its not a dac, its a photo dumper, Epson and kodak also make them,

the idea is that some photographers dont like using large CF cards becuase of price or speeds, lets face it, 16GB or 32GB CF cards with speeds good enough to go beyond 1-2 fps in raw mode are very rare and very expencive, so they have a dumper, it usualy looks like a dap or a pmp thanks to the large storage or large screen to check photos, but the point of the device is that you use a small fast CF card on the camara, and when its full, you plug it in, dump your photos in to the hard drive, and clean the CF so you can keep on shooting,

the thats why the sound quality and the codec support tend to be basic,

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is not a DAP, but a storage viewer
plus copy the name of Vsonic
biggrin.gif

Storage viewers - Epson(very expensive with beautiful display),this one is also
meant as multimedia device.It doesnt copy anything - it is on the market long time already.And .... it is not expensive;you can buy empty shell without hdd,
you can swap hdd's,perfect for massive back-ups.But it doesnt play flac...

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #10 of 15
I can't vouch for it's audio qualities either, but I bet it won't take too long for someone to open it up and see what op amps it uses and modify it.

Also the device looks like it uses it's own software, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Flac playback could be opened up by just a firmware update.

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pageygeeza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just found this it looks pretty impressive with quite a LOT of useful features. Has anyone ever had any products from Vosonic and are they any good?

What "this"? All I get is a way to start a new thread...
popcorn.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What "this"? All I get is a way to start a new thread...
popcorn.gif

My excuse is "I was tired" and I'm sticking to it. :p

I've fixed the link now, makes a bit more sense.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #13 of 15
OK, it's a media vault designed to load pics and videos onto when out and about in the field. It's NOT a media player, even though it can double as 1.

Read the review, and enjoy: Digital Photography Review

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #14 of 15
Look at it this way: It has a removable SATA HDD so you'll never run out of space, It can play audio and Video as well as a few other things. If they gave it FLAC compatibility, it would be an excellent DAP size wise.

But even if somebody could design a Audiophile DAP that has a removable SATA HDD with good battery life would surely be onto a winner.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #15 of 15
This thing will not get FLAC/WMA Lossless/WAV/ALAC/Vorbis/etc. It is what is is designed for - a portable media vault, that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back