New DAP: iBasso DX240 vs 300 vs Shanling M6 Ultra vs Fiio M15S
Mar 17, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #46 of 49
I would bet r6 pro ii is similar to m15s. It's nearly as good as my dx320, to the point where I'm not using at the latter nearly as much.

The dx240 has terrible software and feels cheap compared to m6u. M6u has better software, build, and resolution, with a warmer tone.

Dx320 has better detail/resolution, more 3d stage. It's pretty neutral. R6 pro ii has slightly narrow stage but 95% of the detail. Also neutral stage.

Will this DAP be a good improvement over a Hiby R6 Pro I series or do you recommend anything else for this price?
I really like the sound of the Hiby but it continues to give me problems (once the headphone jack broke, twice the volume + button got stuck and I had to take it to assistance).

Coming from the R6 Pro II myself, I find the DX260 to have better sound performance, more power to the output, and better battery life. Although the screen is smaller here on the DX260 which might be an issue for people with larger fingers.
From the DX260 thread

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #47 of 49
I would bet r6 pro ii is similar to m15s. It's nearly as good as my dx320, to the point where I'm not using at the latter nearly as much.

The dx240 has terrible software and feels cheap compared to m6u. M6u has better software, build, and resolution, with a warmer tone.

Dx320 has better detail/resolution, more 3d stage. It's pretty neutral. R6 pro ii has slightly narrow stage but 95% of the detail. Also neutral stage.
I don't know where this terrible software experience comes using dx 240. I am using it long time and newer had any problems with software. Everything just works the same as 320. streaming or mango player or any other - just perfect. Also it is build really good and definitely not cheap, only it is lighter than some but still nothing cheap. with 8mk2s dap gives really perfect resolution, and overall till this day haven't found what i would like more than this small player at it's price. 320 a little better in some aspects but it is bigger (a lot) and cost more. So for me experience is totally different. And this is very normal as with everything in this crazy hobby.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #48 of 49
I don't know where this terrible software experience comes using dx 240. I am using it long time and newer had any problems with software. Everything just works the same as 320. streaming or mango player or any other - just perfect. Also it is build really good and definitely not cheap, only it is lighter than some but still nothing cheap. with 8mk2s dap gives really perfect resolution, and overall till this day haven't found what i would like more than this small player at it's price. 320 a little better in some aspects but it is bigger (a lot) and cost more. So for me experience is totally different. And this is very normal as with everything in this crazy hobby.
Yeah the DX240 was fine for me software wise as well. I don't use steaming though.

I also like lighter players like the DX240 but at its price point there were just better sounding alternatives.

Apparently the DX260 sounds like/better than the DX240 + Amp 8 II as well

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #49 of 49
Yeah the DX240 was fine for me software wise as well. I don't use steaming though.

I also like lighter players like the DX240 but at its price point there were just better sounding alternatives.

Apparently the DX260 sounds like/better than the DX240 + Amp 8 II as well
Haven't heard dx260 but i believe it should be somehow better, only i should add that dx240 i only liked with latest amp 8 mk2s, everything what was before was step down in tuning and in technicalities so comparing it with any other dap i think worth only with this amp. To have max potential what this little dap can do. And from ergonomic side i still believe 240 series was better compared to newer design trends in 260 but this is for me and my understanding what is good and ergonomic shape. Fiio 15s i also see as ergonomic desing, but not their m series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back