New DAP Advice
Aug 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Overdrive Sloth

New Head-Fier
Hello All Head-fiers,
first of all thank you in advance for reading this thread, I'll be quick.
I need some suggestions to choose a new portable player, these are the specs requested:
- highest sound quality
- flac compatible
- no software for files loading
- SD (or microSD) slot
- integrated amplifier (actually I use a CMOY, but I'd like to have less device as possible)
That's all...I'm not interested too much in battery life, UI, touch screen nor aesthetic (even if the Colourfly C4 is simply stunning IMO, but not flac compatible 
triportsad.gif
 )
Budget? I really don't know...but probably not more than 450€ ...
Thank you very much for those who read and answer!

The Sloth

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 21
I guess you should look into the Fiio X3 and the Ibasso DX50. Battery life is around 11 hours each, and they put out plenty of power.

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 21
Thank you for reply!
what about the hifiman 602?
I actually have a Ultrasone HFI 2400 headphone that is very easy to make sound, but I'm planning to buy a new headphone probably a hifiman he 400 or 500 or another more difficult to make sound than the Ultrasone.
The X3 has very interesting performance, maybe better than the 602 with a lower price!
Sorry snapple10 what do you mean?

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #6 of 21
Ah ok thanks...
In case of new headphone, for example Hifiman HE-4 or 500, do you think that with X3 I will need a separated amplifier? I read that those cans needs a lot of power to sound properly.
Many Thank

The Sloth

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #7 of 21
Never tried those phones but will try the x3 with beyer t1 when I get the x3 soon, see how
It drives it. I usually use my dap with amp, most if the time anyways
Am in the market for a smaller dap and d50 comes to mind but has not been released so I picked up x3 til x50 comes
Plan to compare both and pick what works for me

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #8 of 21
Actually I'm looking to Dx50 from iBasso...it looks awesome, the dac chip is the same of the x3, I don't know about amp chip. Anyway I like it very much, the only problem could be: where I can find it here in Europe? (I'm writing from Italy) The X3 is available on Amazon, but te iBasso products?

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 21
Are you able to order items directly from Ibasso.com?
If not then you can always buy used on the forum ( few weeks to months after release ) or get a friend- member to buy it for you

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:
Hello All Head-fiers,
first of all thank you in advance for reading this thread, I'll be quick.
I need some suggestions to choose a new portable player, these are the specs requested:
- highest sound quality
- flac compatible
- no software for files loading
- SD (or microSD) slot
- integrated amplifier (actually I use a CMOY, but I'd like to have less device as possible)
That's all...I'm not interested too much in battery life, UI, touch screen nor aesthetic (even if the Colourfly C4 is simply stunning IMO, but not flac compatible 
triportsad.gif
 )
Budget? I really don't know...but probably not more than 450€ ...
Thank you very much for those who read and answer!

The Sloth

Either the X3 from Fiio or the Sansa Clip Plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back