New Cypher labs product!
Dec 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #331 of 352
Bummer,

I was saving up for one of ALO's combo platters.  Now I'll have to spend more, for the same thing...

That was my intent when I got the National. Oh well, not lucky this time.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #333 of 352
Quote:
I'm sure if we all keep an eye open we should see some decent prices on the FS forums. We all just have to be patient

I'm sure, but TTVJ and Moon are both reputable dealers as well.  I was just looking forward to a package deal with the Rx M3

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #334 of 352
Quote:
 I'm sure, but TTVJ and Moon are both reputable dealers as well.  I was just looking forward to a package deal with the Rx M3

Well TTVJ has a package deal with their Glacier amp. A little redundant in my opinion due to the Glacier having it's own DAC but none the less the Glacier is well regarded and I'm guessing it would probably sound good with the new CLAS hooked up to it.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #335 of 352
It wouldn't surprise me if we see a new portable DAC from ALO Audio soon that mates well with its amplifiers... Though I sort of want them to focus on making new 'add-on' bricks for the PanAm, lol. Would love to see a separate, higher quality DAC with the same form factor that stacks nicely with the other components. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #336 of 352
...and I'm sure Cypher Labs will probably soon have a combo amp and dac as well:)

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #337 of 352
Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if we see a new portable DAC from ALO Audio soon that mates well with its amplifiers... Though I sort of want them to focus on making new 'add-on' bricks for the PanAm, lol. Would love to see a separate, higher quality DAC with the same form factor that stacks nicely with the other components. 

That's why I was wondering a few pages back if the ALO RX amp line might see a radical change in form factor and sound. ALO might decide to start building from scratch based around a mobile DAC of their choosing. Who really knows though it's all just conjecture on our part right now.

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #338 of 352
Agreed.  Seems like we will just have to wait and see. 

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #340 of 352
Nice.  How do you like the MKIII-B with low impedance stuff?  And were you lucky enough to get all that from ALO, while they still carried Cypher Labs?

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #342 of 352
Nice.  How do you like the MKIII-B with low impedance stuff?  And were you lucky enough to get all that from ALO, while they still carried Cypher Labs?

Nope, unfortunately I had to buy the rig after ALO stopped carrying the CLAS. As for low impedance gear, most of my headphones sound pretty good but my IEM's and custom have background hiss with the MKIII amp.

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #343 of 352
Well at least you were able to still get the interconnects from ALO, that's nice.  The hiss is bumming me out.  I most definitely want the CLAS, but don't know which amp to pair it with.  I don't use IEMs, but I do love my Grado HF2s.  And I have future plans to purchase LCD-2s....

Apr 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #344 of 352
Quote:
Nope, unfortunately I had to buy the rig after ALO stopped carrying the CLAS. As for low impedance gear, most of my headphones sound pretty good but my IEM's and custom have background hiss with the MKIII amp.

I must be lucky or else Ken "fixed" the hiss problem because I have no hiss with my JH-16's on medium setting with the MKIIIB and the CLAS-db.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #345 of 352
Quote:
I must be lucky or else Ken "fixed" the hiss problem because I have no hiss with my JH-16's on medium setting with the MKIIIB and the CLAS-db.

I have a very slight hiss with my Heir Audio 4A customs which is known for being very sensitive. I haven't thrown my other IEM's at it yet due to me enjoying this pairing so much. The hiss is only noticable when there's no music playing. I doubt Ken fixed anything though. My mk 3 amp is a replacement amp I received for a factory damaged unit I ordered. Both units had the hiss problem and as far as I know they're both the latest batch. The replacement unit arrived in perfect condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back