New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
May 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #136 of 1,401
Quote:
Now that's interesting because I always loved the westone 2, but felt it just needed that touch more bass.  I tried the westone 3 but there was too much!  These could be very interesting (though if my cosmic ears finally fit these may not be needed!).

Cheers

Not sure, but the GR07 BE might work for you. 

May 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #138 of 1,401
Don't do that. I am buying these but I do not believe this 
size]

Quote:
i had the ue900, w4, heir 4.ai, as well as se530, se535, sm3, and many more, and believe me, there is no universal ba driver based iem out there, which gives you such a complete sound. they sound like 50mm driver open cans.

May 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #139 of 1,401
Good dynamics, that's what I wanted to hear most of all. These are mine. Where do US custies order?
Quote:
to my ears:

w4: very good resolution and detail retrieval. superbly refined sound, very wide soundstage. but: little veiled/distant sounding. almost no depth in soundstage --> little bit 2 dimensional sounding.
heir 4.ai: fantastic creamy mids. soundstage not the widest, but ok depth. little behind w4 in detail and resolution. sometimes slightly edgy treble
ue900: most analytical and best resolution compared to w4 and heir. but little dry sounding. with narrow soundstage and sometimes weird positioning. best treble response, outstanding extension on both ends.
stagediver 3: more visceral bass response than the others, better texture and impact in bass, but not overdone. mids similar to the heir just slightly warmed up. smooth treble with realistic timbre. most exciting: widest and deepest soundstage ever heard in any ba-based iem. not only that, it can handle distances in a very realistic way through the space in all directions. if the singer just whispers into the mic, it sounds, like you are the mic, while other instruments are placed realistic in the room, concert hall or whatever. it just sounds right. as far as details go, i explore new sounds in my music. pretty rare, after heaving heard my music with a lot of top tier headphones. never thought, that i would hear new sounds.

May 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #141 of 1,401
I confirm sofastreamers impression...

I have listened to a lot of Guitar-Riffs and the midrange resolution is outstanding, it shows the real texture of the guitar riffs, amazing transparency and you clearly hear that they really belong to the high end headphones. I have also tested the treble, aphex twins druqks which can be stressful if the treble is too prominent, a lot of echoing, deep(soundstage) and a couple of tracks fade out really long and you can hear that there is still some treble action going on, I was surprised because the overall sound is powerful and midrange focused.

May 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #143 of 1,401
Quote:
Can't wait for someone to do a direct comparison to the Sennheiser IE800 which is the best universal I heard to date.
The mids on that thing is just phenomenal.

did not hear the ie800 myself, but a guy in german hifi-forum who owns them, said, that they are not even in the same league. while the ie800 are good on their own, they have a dip somewhere in the mids, which can make them sound thin with vocals.

May 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #144 of 1,401
the sd3 leaves enough space for voices-there will never be such a thing like 1.5 voices because 1 is compressed and not sharp. The way how easily the sd3 separates the different voices makes me smile.

May 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #149 of 1,401
I was about to say the same, maybe different, like "hybrid" (if a can and a in-ear would make a baby sort of)

all I know is: I am so pleased that I don't wanna hear about any other fancy earphones anymore, for the next years, fawk the upgrade-titis, I am out, peace. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back