New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 22, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #3,796 of 4,065
General question about the silicone ciem's... After about a year they start looking sad as they loose the clear, glossy look on the parts that are not in contact with the skin. Is there any way to restore it? Give it a new layer of lacquer or something? Or should I just be happy that I can't see them when I'm listening to them. :)

May 22, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,797 of 4,065
General question about the silicone ciem's... After about a year they start looking sad as they loose the clear, glossy look on the parts that are not in contact with the skin. Is there any way to restore it? Give it a new layer of lacquer or something? Or should I just be happy that I can't see them when I'm listening to them. :)

You can buy a bottle of gloss lacquer from Custom Art and restore the shine! :)

May 22, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #3,799 of 4,065
Ok - maybe I'll have Custom Art pack that in my next shipment. :) I tried googling it, but all the silicone lacquer products I found are for the impressions to fill out imperfections before making the negative mold...?
Please let me know if you want some of the lacquer, as we are finishing the reshell for you and should be shipping this week. The lacquer has its shelf life (2-3months typically) so it might be better to order once you feel like you want to renew the surface (after a year or so). You can always send the IEMs for lacquering to us, we won't charge you for the service, just for the return shipping, that way you'll have guarantee for smooth and even surface.

May 22, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #3,800 of 4,065
Please let me know if you want some of the lacquer, as we are finishing the reshell for you and should be shipping this week. The lacquer has its shelf life (2-3months typically) so it might be better to order once you feel like you want to renew the surface (after a year or so). You can always send the IEMs for lacquering to us, we won't charge you for the service, just for the return shipping, that way you'll have guarantee for smooth and even surface.

Hi Piotr,

Thanks - It's for my trusty H8.2 that's currently sounding better than they look. :) If you can then please send me a small bottle of the magic mixture together with the pro's. :)

May 24, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #3,804 of 4,065
I just opened the package with my Fibae 2. It's unbelievable how clear they are when comparing them to Ei.3. I need to get used to it, because after using Ei.3 for half a year, that brightness (and trebles) completely surprised me. After first two hours of listening I can tell for sure that the resolution is better, the separation of vocals and instruments is much clearer (it feels like I am in the studio, listening to the artist in front of him/her).

Great job, Piotrus-G - thank you so much for such a wonderful job! Though, it's a bit scary how the appetite gets bigger after each CA purchase! :wink:

May 25, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #3,805 of 4,065
@piotrus-g, will you someday start sending out Peli cases with the Custom Art logo on them? I think that'd be really nice to see!

May 28, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #3,810 of 4,065
Can t wait too but I think I need to wait a little (I lost some times with my ear impressions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back