New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Mar 10, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3,153 of 4,065
Today's choice was sansa clip plus and Music Two's with linum cable.  Great discrete combo for use at work today.  Blocked out a load of **** and let me get on with it for a change.  Surprised at the synergy with those two.  Makes me question the worth/bulk/battery limitations of higher end mp3 players.  The linum cable pretty much disappeared and let me use my glasses without irritation!

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #3,154 of 4,065
Today's choice was sansa clip plus and Music Two's with linum cable.  Great discrete combo for use at work today.  Blocked out a load of **** and let me get on with it for a change.  Surprised at the synergy with those two.  Makes me question the worth/bulk/battery limitations of higher end mp3 players.  The linum cable pretty much disappeared and let me use my glasses without irritation!

I use the music twos with linum bax cable 5-8 hours daily at work with the CEntrance hifi skyn as source and I absolutely love it :) thumbs up for the music two even though I'm really interested in the mass drop EI.XX :) got an itch to try them out

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #3,155 of 4,065

man i used to have sansa clip+ and uha mkii amp, it was just epic!!  the clip+ got a nice treble and mids, the amp help to control its bass and bring out the mids as well. best dap for value <3 

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #3,156 of 4,065
  man i used to have sansa clip+ and uha mkii amp, it was just epic!!  the clip+ got a nice treble and mids, the amp help to control its bass and bring out the mids as well. best dap for value <3 

Shame they discontinued that and the zip.  The newer ones just aren't as good apparantley.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #3,157 of 4,065
hi everyone,
i'm thinking about buying music one. i currently own a pair of shure se215 and rha ma7500. between these two, i prefer se215. i mostly listen to rnb, pop and rap music. i really value a good fit and seal in iems, so getting the customs feels like the right decision. and i think music one will be good for a start. 
do you think it's better to order the version with detachable cables?

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #3,158 of 4,065
hi everyone,
i'm thinking about buying music one. i currently own a pair of shure se215 and rha ma7500. between these two, i prefer se215. i mostly listen to rnb, pop and rap music. i really value a good fit and seal in iems, so getting the customs feels like the right decision. and i think music one will be good for a start. 
do you think it's better to order the version with detachable cables?

I haven't head the music one but I own the music two and would recommend that for your type of music as the music two has a dedicated woofer for better bass than music one.

I would not invest in a CIEM without the ability to change the cable I case you damage the cable then you would not have to send it back for a replacement.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #3,159 of 4,065
After 5 weeks, Custom Art delivers!

I'll let the world know that Piotr is a really great man to deal with. He replies to emails fast, mostly in just hours and responds to all of my requests too.
To be honest, I had my doubts when requesting this artwork engraving since it looks pretty complex, but Piotr said he was gonna run a test first. He ended up running two tests, the second after I revised the artwork (line was too thin at first). But he said the test went pretty well and that he'll be able to do it. There, I have my hopes high.
I wasn't wrong, he nailed it.

Oh well, without further ado

Presenting Custom Art Anzu D.C III, which was originally Anzu v3, then retuned to Amarok, then retuned back to Anzu v3 with a bit of improvement, according to @Shini44.

Excuse my close up photo with phone since my camera's currently away, and pretty busy so no right setting for photo session etc. Gonna retake pics after camera's back.

I just received it this morning so am still getting used to the sound.
In general, it has treble oriented sound but let's go to brief impressions of each section;

Bass: not boomy, but really detailed. In fact, I fell in love with the detailed bass and it has nice kick too.

Mids: not too laid back, not too forward. Female vocals have really nice extension.

Treble: So sparkling. A lot of details and really good treble extension, but sometimes it could sound harsh like my HD800.

Soundstage: Normal, I guess. Since I'm coming from HD800, the comparison is unfair, but the good thing is, for an IEM it has pretty good soundstage, at least like a closed back cans.

Heck, I wish I had better pics but haven't gotten from Piotr yet, my CIEM was shipped too fast and for that I'm happy. Glad I upgraded to express shipping at the very end.
I'm gonna spend more time with them tonight so I could focus more on the sound sig.

You're the man Piotr!

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #3,160 of 4,065
i am also waiting on my Anzu V.2 (10-BA) to be reshelled , also bought by @Shini44 

your pics just got me even more impatient 
tongue.gif

what was amarok ? a retuning of the anzu v3 ? and why did you reverse it back to anzu v3 ? and what was the final improvement ?

very eager to receive mine , hoping i will not go back and forth between retunings 
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #3,161 of 4,065
  I just received it this morning so am still getting used to the sound.

yeh will take time for the bass texture to show its true form and speed, the treble will be smother ofc. its just the brain is adjusting to the details and sound for now ^^

give it time :D  then it will make you smile even more >=) 

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #3,162 of 4,065
  i am also waiting on my Anzu V.2 (10-BA) to be reshelled , also bought by @Shini44 

your pics just got me even more impatient 
tongue.gif

what was amarok ? a retuning of the anzu v3 ? and why did you reverse it back to anzu v3 ? and what was the final improvement ?

very eager to receive mine , hoping i will not go back and forth between retunings 
tongue.gif

Anzu v3 was owned by @Shini44
Amarok was owned by @zulunorway, retuned after he bought it from Shini since Anzu v3 was treble oriented and seems like zulu doesn't fancy treble too much.

Since I have preferences for treble, I decided to ask Piotr to retune it back to Anzu v3 but now with Ei.xx's bass applied to it although less in quantity otherwise I assume it's gonna be V-shaped.

yeh will take time for the bass texture to show its true form and speed, the treble will be smother ofc. its just the brain is adjusting to the details and sound for now ^^

give it time :D  then it will make you smile even more >=) 

Yup that's why first time I put it on, it was too bright. But then at the afternoon, I suddenly realized the bass is detailed. 

And apparently I found it scales a lot better with better source. Piotr said mine would have more bass with higher output impedance, so I tried it with my Aegis.
He was right, but unfortunately my Aegis is too powerful for this CIEM. It hisses a lot.
I guess it's time to save money for better DAP.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #3,163 of 4,065
   I decided to ask Piotr to retune it back to Anzu v3 but now with Ei.xx's bass applied to it although less in quantity 

i recall asking Piotr to make the bass quantity higher than the Ei.xx but less than the Anzu v2, unless you asked for a change after that, its another story.

in case you went with my tuning with Piotr then nop the Ei.xx bass got less quantity than your CIEM.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,164 of 4,065
  i recall asking Piotr to make the bass quantity higher than the Ei.xx but less than the Anzu v2, unless you asked for a change after that, its another story.

in case you went with my tuning with Piotr then nop the Ei.xx bass got less quantity than your CIEM.

Nope, didn't change anything.
Oh I guess I misread your description. I thought it was "more than Anzu v2 but less than Ei.xx" lol.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #3,165 of 4,065
hoping my anzu v2 isn't too bassy , all this tweaking talk makes me nervous 
tongue.gif

i just want a kickass CIEM , not in the mood for retunings (but will do so if i feel it's not to my sound preferences)

@Shini44 is the anzu v2 kinda v-shaped ? or am i reading wrong here ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back