New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Feb 20, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #2,207 of 4,065
Feb 20, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2,209 of 4,065
Just sent my ear molds to Piotr! Let the waiting begin :D

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #2,213 of 4,065

But i'm sure the harmony looks more stunning in clear because of its 8 drivers. I'm hoping to buy it later if everything goes well with the music ones.

That's what I thought before I got them too, however if I'll ever get a M1 it's going to be black icewood with clear silicone. It's minimalistic and simple.

I'll upload pictures of my H8p later, but it won't do it justice.

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #2,214 of 4,065
  That's what I thought before I got them too, however if I'll ever get a M1 it's going to be black icewood with clear silicone. It's minimalistic and simple.

I'll upload pictures of my H8p later, but it won't do it justice.

So I've been using the music ones as my main iems at work lately.  Getting the hang of the sound now, and as others have said whilst they are not a warm sound they have plenty of bass when required.  Sitting there thinking 'hmm this is a little bass light right now' and then either a bass part or kick drum hits and you know it's there.  Tried it at first with a topping nx1 and ipod touch, but found that a little strident.  Swopped to an msata modded ipod 5th gen ipod and that was an improvement but still not right (think I have a rubbish third party headphone jack or something), and then out of my rockboxed 128 gig clip plus.  This was better.  That said I do still find the sound a little bright (or perhaps neutral) to my tastes as normally I lean toward the westone 3 type of sound, which is a little fuller and warmer.

Was just wondering if I might be better off with the harmony instead of the pro if that's the type of sound I prefer in the main?  Listen to progressive rock and metal mainly, alongside fullcast audiobooks.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #2,219 of 4,065
Feb 24, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #2,220 of 4,065

BTW, I saw your CIEM. It looks amazing.

you was at his lab yesterday/today? if i stay at poland i would have gone down to his lab whenever i'm free to learn and chat with him as well. too bad i don't 
frown.gif

and peter was teasing me and not intending to show me any pictures of it. nevermind i shall wait patiently! 
angry_face.gif

by the way did you manage to get a sneak listen to it? 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back