New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Oct 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #1,741 of 4,065
  Regarding Forza cables: I'm currently testing Hybrid IEM cable with my 5ways. I'm about to pick up Cooper IEM cable to test it and compare to Hybrid IEM cable.

As for Hybrid IEM cable all I can say for now that in comparison to Peter's stock cable (which I have with my 5ways):

- it has noticeably wider soundstage;

- it has noticeably better instrument separation and clarity (stock cable sounds a little bit congested);

- stock cable has very intrusive sound (probably we are talking here about upper mids).

There are some other differences but they are rather subtle.

Thanks mate for the comparison. 

How about low and highs quantity comparing to Peter's stock cable?

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #1,743 of 4,065

Thanks mate for the comparison. 

How about low and highs quantity comparing to Peter's stock cable?

I would say that with Hybrid IEM cable:

- bass is more hard hitting (but the difference IMHO is very, very small);

- treble is smoothed a little bit (again the difference is IMHO small, except for the upper midrange which as I wrote to my ears is intrusive with stock cable).

Disclaimer: This is how I perceive Hybrid IEM cable with 5ways. I don't know how this cable will behave with H8P. I know that whoever wrote that Hybrid IEM cable did not improve anything with Harmony 8 non-Pro (he wrote that this cable has similar sound sig to Harmony 8 non-Pro).

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #1,744 of 4,065

There is no wax or something, it looks perfectly fine until you touch then you feel it has a very gliding surface. Sure it helps to insert them but you know.. I felt like I need to clean them a bit.

I hope your ciem will be fine regarding Peter's suggestions. 

Quote:

I would say that with Hybrid IEM cable:

- bass is more hard hitting (but the difference IMHO is very, very small);

- treble is smoothed a little bit (again the difference is IMHO small, except for the upper midrange which as I wrote to my ears is intrusive with stock cable).

Disclaimer: This is how I perceive Hybrid IEM cable with 5ways. I don't know how this cable will behave with H8P. I know that whoever wrote that Hybrid IEM cable did not improve anything with Harmony 8 non-Pro (he wrote that this cable has similar sound sig to Harmony 8 non-Pro).

Thank you mate :) I will consider my options. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,745 of 4,065
  OK guys, tips on proper silicone CIEM cleaning:
1. The best is isopropanol 99-97% - typically it's really cheap - around €2,5/1L.
2. Spray the monitor with isopropanol - avoid getting into sound tubes, if it does leak into tube - just wait until it evaporates, it won't do any harm to speakers.
3. Use kitchen paper towels - good towel won't leave any threads and will leave surface clean
4. Above will leave surface clean but still slightly slippery
5. If you have glossy finish, please remember it's bacteria-free lacquer so even if it's not extremely clean it's not very harmful
6. To prolong overall sCIEM lifespan use hearing aid dryer every now and then

Peter, don't you think that paper towels will leave some towel's wreckeges on the sillicone? Maybe microfiber cloth will be better?

What do you think about anti-static whipes?

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #1,749 of 4,065
Oh I wish it too
smily_headphones1.gif

But is it possible? Do you have plans with dynamic driver setup? Maybe quite bassy, thanks to the dynamic driver?

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,755 of 4,065
  Holy s**t. That green looks awesome. Seriously stunning. The wood is also nice too.

You like wood in your ciems right?

Thanks my friend :) It looks pretty good. I think using wood on faceplate gives a unique atmosphere to earpiece. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back