New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jul 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,367 of 4,065
Ah I see, thanks for explaining.

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #1,371 of 4,065
Hey guys some Updates <3 

https://www.facebook.com/thecustomart/photos/a.580172008770291.1073741844.223884597732369/627337897387035/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/thecustomart/photos/a.580172008770291.1073741844.223884597732369/627337904053701/?type=3&theater

can't wait to review the new version,  10-driver, 5 way electrically, 7-way acoustically.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
 Thanks Peter!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #1,373 of 4,065
Aug 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,375 of 4,065
Got the Anzu back :3   time to give it some testing >=)  

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #1,376 of 4,065
Whew, I've had my Music One's for a few months now, I hope Piotr will forgive me for taking until now to post something here about them. Working with Piotr was a complete pleasure, seems like the universal experience here, so I won't take much space to restate that for the thousanth time; I will thank him for including a sturdy hard case though, my pair live in it along with my baby FIIO and  the relevant cables. These being my first custom IEMs, I had no idea what improvement I was about to make on the fit and comfort front.
eek.gif
   Even a while later I'm still amazed at how weightless they are to wear, especially compared to the Ultrasone headphones I had been using.

As far as the sound, I tend to listen to mostly metal during the workday: atmospheric, lo-fi, over produced, you name it, so compared to my Ultrasone 780s and UE triple fi IEMs I wanted (pardon my lacking vocabulary) to get a sound that was impactful but not fatiguing to listen to, to avoid harshness in the highs, and to hear more details.  So far, having gone and had a re listen to a big pile of favorites and so-called classics (e.g., Darkthrone, Emperor, Behemoth, Venom, Death, Blind Guardian, Immortal, Toxic Holocaust, Vader, Finntroll, Arkona, Mgla, etc, etc.) to my perception and compared to the phones/IEMs I've used before, I got exactly what I was after.

Edit: Posted as a reply to davidcotton downthread but here's how they look:

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,377 of 4,065
  Whew, I've had my Music One's for a few months now, I hope Piotr will forgive me for taking until now to post something here about them. Working with Piotr was a complete pleasure, seems like the universal experience here, so I won't take much space to restate that for the thousanth time; I will thank him for including a sturdy hard case though, my pair live in it along with my baby FIIO and  the relevant cables. These being my first custom IEMs, I had no idea what improvement I was about to make on the fit and comfort front.
eek.gif
   Even a while later I'm still amazed at how weightless they are to wear, especially compared to the Ultrasone headphones I had been using.

As far as the sound, I tend to listen to mostly metal during the workday: atmospheric, lo-fi, over produced, you name it, so compared to my Ultrasone 780s and UE triple fi IEMs I wanted (pardon my lacking vocabulary) to get a sound that was impactful but not fatiguing to listen to, to avoid harshness in the highs, and to hear more details.  So far, having gone and had a re listen to a big pile of favorites and so-called classics (e.g., Darkthrone, Emperor, Behemoth, Venom, Death, Blind Guardian, Immortal, Toxic Holocaust, Vader, Finntroll, Arkona, Mgla, etc, etc.) to my perception and compared to the phones/IEMs I've used before, I got exactly what I was after.

Nice mini review.   How about some pics to liven the thread up a bit!

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #1,378 of 4,065
I sent back my Music One and SE5way remold back to Peter some time ago for a small refit issues which I already pointed out a while ago.

Given my quite unique circumstances, I needed a very quick service, because I am gonna leave the country very soon and I didn't have a chance to collect them later on.

All I can say, Peter understood my unique situation and provided me the best ever customer service, once again. He finished my refits (not a complete remold, just thickening some parts of the ciems) only in a few days and shipped them very quickly. Normal time would be around 2 weeks I believe but he made an exception for me because I was literally in a big bad position thanks to the problems in my private life.

So, to complete the praising how beyond perfect his customer service, I can't wish anything more than Peter already done for me. This guy just doesn't do it as a job. He loves doing this. He is always been like a friend to me. In my experience, he earned more than a lifelong customer and supporter, he earned a friend and trust me it says a lot.

As for the fit. Way much better than before. I think the left one is a little on the tight side but after a few days of use, I realized the uncomfortable feeling is passing away (natural lubrication or my ear is getting used to it?). The right one is much better than before too. Right one could be improved further but I am gonna stop here, I don't have time or availability to send them one more time for a refit.

One small but important note for ciem lovers. You gotta get your ear impressions from a very high quality place. Otherwise, it will cost you more time and money later on as well as frustration.

Now I am happy with my 2 ciems and gonna spend less and less time in head-fi unfortunately. When I pull my s**t together and return back to my ordinary life, I am gonna give a visit to Peter for another ciem, this time it will be his flagship or maybe a special project like Shini44's ciems.

Well done Peter, you truly are a wonderful Person. I am very glad to meet you, talk you and have done business with you. Big screwing thumbs up.

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #1,379 of 4,065

Now I am happy with my 2 ciems and gonna spend less and less time in head-fi unfortunately. When I pull my s**t together and return back to my ordinary life, I am gonna give a visit to Peter for another ciem, this time it will be his flagship or maybe a special project like Shini44's ciems.

Tell me about it!! lol Peter made my CIEM so super and exactly what i want, that now i feel like head-fi is just to read on, the feeling of finishing the game 100% man :p

Thanks again Peter , super customer service indeed, i wish the best for the Custom Art ^^  if this company didn't exist then i would been stuck with a CIEM than can't satisfy me 100% :< 

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #1,380 of 4,065
Cool!!
Thanks for the deep & accurate review.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back