New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Apr 20, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #901 of 4,065
I'm rap music lover as well:D

90% of my music is hip hop :wink:

Really guys?  I would have never saw that coming.  
eek.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #903 of 4,065
i think Robert Smith has the Cure.....

chr chr chr chr....

Apr 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #907 of 4,065
I'd be interested to know on how many guys went for the harmony since beginning of the pre order

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #910 of 4,065
i think the reason is because all of us were saving for the Harmony yet once delayed we all went for something else, and now when it did get announced we all went back to saving :p 

so no one did pre order the harmony at all?! ouch :< 

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #911 of 4,065
i did.... :) but i feel quite anxious amd wanted to share the waiting anxiety

ps, didn't want to show off, just share waiting time

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #912 of 4,065
i did.... :) but i feel quite anxious amd wanted to share the waiting anxiety

ps, didn't want to show off, just share waiting time

Looking forward to your impressions! After going silicone, not sure I can ever go back to acrylic customs anymore so the Harmony is at the top of my list.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #913 of 4,065
Same here
I think indeed, silicone nailed it. I'm not a fan of acrylic at all. To sensible to fit because of head movements etc, so silicone is a real luxury.

It's been a quite clear addition for me since I got in the world of ciems:

Silicone + Piotr's overwhelming (aftermarket or not) presence and contact quality + spotless work = why the heck should I go somewhere else...

I still need to try out some high end universals, but that will wait a year or so.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #914 of 4,065
I see significant number of opinions here on headfi stating that silicone CIEMs are much more comfortable than acrylic CIEMs as well as that silicone CIEMs isolate better. Well, my experience is opposite as to the comfort. Although both types of CIEMs work for me, but if I had to choose I would choose acryl (it does not stick to the inner ear as silicone does, it is easier to remove and insert). As for the isolation I would say they are on pair (different frequencies are attenuated by each of them).

Fully agree as to the Peter's work and customer service. Cheers Peter:beerchug:

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #915 of 4,065
Both can be comfortable.

Both can be uncomfortable.

Even though one might imagine that silicone would automatically be more comfortable because it is soft and acrylic is hard, it's more about accuracy of fit than it is about the material used.

But I do feel that silicone attenuates external noise a little better than acrylic.

...but I've never tried a silicone-filled (like SA-43) or acrylic-filled (like fitear CIEMs)  acrylic shell, so either of those might be as good at attenuation as full silicone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back