New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Apr 1, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #781 of 4,065
I just pmed piotrus and now found out the new harmony is out!
tongue.gif

I thought it was going to be 5 way crossover.

Can someone explaining what does it mean by 4way acoustically, 3way electrically?

4 way acoustically: 4 tubes 
3 way electrically: 3 crossover points

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #783 of 4,065
Peter, since you are using 8 drivers in Harmony would it be necessary to send you the impressions first for the purpose you assessing whether a given ears are big enough for the Harmony? (like with Spiral Ear 5way)

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #784 of 4,065
Can someone explaining what does it mean by 4way acoustically, 3way electrically?

4 way acoustically: 4 tubes 
3 way electrically: 3 crossover points

Not exactly. Basically Harmony is Quad-woofer design. All four cover the same range of frequency (electrically) but two woofers are different then the other two providing more mid-bass oriented sound while the other one is tuned for 0-100Hz bass. Each set of duals has separate tubing. What's the benefit? Better texture of sound, better control of the bass and better details.

Peter, since you are using 8 drivers in Harmony would it be necessary to send you the impressions first for the purpose you assessing whether a given ears are big enough for the Harmony? (like with Spiral Ear 5way)

This is how it works now anyway so nothing changes in this regard - impressions first.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #785 of 4,065

This is how it works now anyway so nothing changes in this regard - impressions first.

Maybe I did not express myself clearly. I meant the following - with up to the models for people with standard ears it was rather rare that you would reject ear impressions due to their size (i.e. that they were too small), but what about Harmony in this respect - is it likely that rejections of "standard ears" will happen more frequently (i.e. that one will have to have big ears to get the Harmony)?

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #786 of 4,065
Maybe I did not express myself clearly. I meant the following - with up to the models for people with standard ears it was rather rare that you would reject ear impressions due to their size (i.e. that they were too small), but what about Harmony in this respect - is it likely that rejections of "standard ears" will happen more frequently (i.e. that one will have to have big ears to get the Harmony)?

Yes this is much more possible with new Harmony.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #790 of 4,065
This sounds very very interesting.... I am in soon as it comes out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back